Sign in to follow this  
Guest bsabaric

Here we go again -- loadedit

Guest bsabaric

Hello!Yesterday I've requested that notorious key and recieved small install file attached in mail where you said (PSS support) that the key is valid only for one day! What's that? Does that mean it will work for one flight/day only? Or it's valid only for one install? Why don't you let your users have backup options available? Personally I like to have hard-copies of my add-on's and I would like to have T7 too. With this install method it's impossible.Not so long ago flightsimming was much easier... :-(

Guest NormanB

Not so long ago, we didn't have the problem of piracy.Its a sad fact that it happens, and we must protect our interests as well as those of our customers. Imagine if you will that the level of piracy was such that there was no financial return. This could lead to developers questioning the viability and simply not producing quality add ons.In regards to the process you have been through, we try to make things as easy as possible. Only a few people had issues with the web installer of which you were one. The web installer has no need for a registration key since it is or should be generated by using a new base installer.For those who have issues, or those who have a remote installation, we provide a work around. Its certainly not notorious and I take exception with the tone. The key (to install) is valid for one day only, but as you kindly ommited to mention, replacements are available on request. Once installed, unless a user is installing to a different machine they will have no need to even request a new key. The key is ONLY to let the installer run and ONLY for those who have an issue with our tried and trusted web installer.Why one day? Well if someone were kind enough to share the 777 on a P2P community (as we saw with the prerelease) then the file becomes useless.PSS are 100% commited to supporting our paying customers.

Guest bsabaric

I'm sorry if my tone was louder that it should be. I like your products -- and I've supported them all along, so don't get me wrong. It's just that at home I'm connected via ISDN so installation can take a while...No hard feelings Norman...

Guest NormanB

>No hard feelings Norman...None taken! From my perspective, I was very late leaving dialup so I feel the pain.

Guest spookymufu

>Imagine if you will that the level of piracy was such that>there was no financial return. This could lead to developers>questioning the viability and simply not producing quality add>ons.what happen to making game add ons for the fun of it, the love of the sim/game, and in the spirit of community???FS is the worse game for add on "payware", it's no wonder the piracy in FS is so high.....

Guest aarskringspier

>>Imagine if you will that the level of piracy was such that>>there was no financial return. This could lead to>developers>>questioning the viability and simply not producing quality>add>>ons.>>what happen to making game add ons for the fun of it, the love>of the sim/game, and in the spirit of community???>>FS is the worse game for add on "payware", it's no wonder the>piracy in FS is so high.....You make a complicated sim such as the 777 or others and release it for the fun of it.

Ask Eric Ernst about that

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

>what happen to making game add ons for the fun of it, the love>of the sim/game, and in the spirit of community???>>FS is the worse game for add on "payware", it's no wonder the>piracy in FS is so high.....Only Jan 1st - and we already have a very fine candidate for the most stupid post of the year.....Come on Spookymufu (is that really your name?), do you really expect people to spend thousands of hours developing something like the 777 and then give it away for free???S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models