Sign in to follow this  
psolk

sliding

I have the Exact same problem, glad to know it isn't just my flying although it could be, you never know... I never have any issues keeping any other planes on the runway but last night for example I landed in a 14 kt crosswind from the west at KEWR. I came in crabbing hard to the left, lined up right over the centerline and released the crab at about 10-15 feet. I then proceeded to touchdown and slide about 5 feet off the right side of the runway despite applying a hard left rudder after touchdown to keep her straight. I had to actually apply left brake to bring it back onto the runway. Very strange indeed but pretty consistent that it only happens with the T7. Feels like you are landing on ice unless you can come in perfectly straight and not have to apply rudder on landing. No auto-rudder enabled either.For me it is the -2LR. Still one of my top 3 planes for FS. I logged alot of hours in my fair T7 already. I was waiting a long time for a good T7 and I am very pleased. Thanks to the entire team.-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Same as well here. I had a 10kt crosswind at SFO, I have rudder pedals and after landing, I began sliding to one side off the runway. I had to start applying rudder and brakes to keep it on the runway. Very odd behavior and mine is with the T7 only as well. The only time it does not want to slide on me is when the winds are either head on or a slight tail wind component. Hopefully the patch will address this issue.

Eric 

Guest neiljay6

phew!! I thought i was the only one too having this strange prob.As mentioned it only happens with this aircraft. My guess it has something to do with the air file.

Funny thing is I didn't want to be the first to say anything as I wasn't sure if it was just my flying :) Glad to hear others see it too...-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest pierre974

Same problem here since I "re-installed" the 777 with the fuel planner and the load editor. Quite weird behavior just after touchdown, worst with X-wind...I tried to trim the plane manually and to decrab the nose on touch, but it was still difficult to maintain the aircraft well-centered...Any tip and trick appreciated. Hope for a fix...Best wishes to all 777 pilots :-beerchug

Guest GW Norris

I too have noticed this problem and It was from day 1 of installing the plane. It is definitely not pilot technique that is causing it.I have had it happen with no wind, just doing pattern practice and no weather. It seems if you just touch the rudder in any direction just before touchdown it will skid sideways up to 45 degrees from the centerline of the runway. Full rudder input to the opposite direction will not even begin to straighten it out. It is very unpredictable as to what direction it will skid and on any given landing it will act normal and not skid. OH well, just another bug to sort out.Gary

what were you flap settings, approach and touch down speed?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Scott,This has nothing to do with any of that...I had 24.5 fuel left, flaps 30 Vref 135 so approach speed was Vref +5 touchdown speed of ~125-130. It doesn't make any difference though, it is like landing on ice.-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Wow, I thought it was my technique!!!I only seem to get it pronounced with a crosswind. Zero wind component does not seem to affect it. I have sometiimes found a issue on crosswind takeoffs, even with rudder applied.BestBill

Guest adameke777

Can you do an experiment and try turning the yaw damper off right before touchdown ? IIRC, it's CTRL+D.Adam

great point Bill, I forgot about the times I could barely even keep her on the runway on takeoff. And yes, I reset all of my controllers to default sensitivities :)Best,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest FlyinJ

The same thing has happened to me on a few occasions. On my last flight, I had just touched down on rwy 24R at KLAX (using autoland) and when I pressed F2 to apply reverse thrust, the 200LR started to yaw to the left and and found myself applying considerable right rudder to keep her on the runway. Out of sheer panic, I reached over and tapped the 5 key on the numberpad (numlock off) to center the controls and - what-do-you-know! - the yawing stopped and it was a straight and smooth ride down to the high speed exit.

Guest LAX5x5

Try this, but BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL AIRCRAFT.CFG FIRST!Replace the contact points 1 and 4 in the aircraft.cfg with:point.1 = 1, -6.76, -20, -18.705, 1574.8, 1, 4.521, 0, 1.91, 2.5, 0.747, 13, 14, 2, 270, 270point.4 = 1, -6.76, 20, -18.705, 1574.8, 2, 4.521, 0, 1.91, 2.5, 0.747, 12.9, 13.9, 3, 270, 270To be clear, it is:point.0(unchanged)point.1(replace)point.2(unchanged)point.3(unchanged)point.4(replace)the rest, unchanged.I think I know what you guys are experiencing, but am not 100% sure it is what I'm thinking of. -Elyedit: These are for the original contact points from PSS, not the modified contacts in the sticky post.

Guest AAL516

one way to improve technique and the way things work in the real world is to touch-down on the side from which the wind is coming using aileron. you need a few degress of bank in there to counter any yaw movements when landing with a crosswind. then, once the wheels are down, then you take out the correction.

This problem was noted as soon as the T7 was released. The initial PSS comment was something like " all aircraft have crosswind limits" - and as there were many more problems than this, the matter rested there.However, I agree with the comments above. The T7 APPEARS to be far too sensitive to crosswinds. Try some take-off rolls with a 15 kts crosswind component:By 15 kts, the aircraft is weather-cocking into wind. If you are quick, it can be held with rudder, if you are slow to react, full rudder and differential brake might not hold the aircraft on the runway.As speed increases, the fin becomes effective and the aircraft can be held straight easily on rudder.BUT at about 80 - 90 kts, the aircraft has a tendency to slide bodily with the wind. Again, if you are quick, it can be held with rudder; but if the rudder comes in too slowly, the aircraft will slide off the runway before VR. It is just like hitting a patch of ice or packed snow.As noted above, with practice, the aircraft can be kept straight. But this with a xwind component of only 15 kts. In my experience in other aircraft, xwind should not be a real problem on take off unless the component is 30 kts plus. Does anyone know the take off xwind component limitation for the real 777?John Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.