Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaveI

Custom Waypoints

Guest DaveI

Hi PSS Can custom waypoints (not in the database) be added to a route in LAT/LONG format and if so what is the exact format plse ?

Dave,This is all explained in the FMC manual which along with other manuals is downloaded with the aircraft. Look in the Phoenix Simulations Software folder of your programs menu.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest DaveI

Hi Mervyn Thought it should be......but as yet have been unable to find it !

Guest DaveI

Info found..... Its not in the Manual but in the Tutorial Flight.It seems Custom wpts cannot be inserted when setting up a flight, but can be inserted into the LEGS page once the flight in in operation.Hey Ho !!

Guest DaveI

Er....perhaps PSS could respond to this please.I tried inserting a waypoint in the LAT/LONG format as per the Tutorial Flight example and the FMC would not take it. It came back with "not in database" I knew that !!

Guest NormanB

WaypointBearing/DistanceWorks everytime.For example a 12 mile fix to intercept Sydney's 34 ILS might beSY340/12

I did a flight in the PMDG 747 from KMIA to EGLL yesterday and had to enter the custom waypoints on the legs page. I couldn't enter them on the route page.This suggests it is how the real FMCs are loaded.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest DaveI

Hi Folks Can Custom waypoints (not in database)be entered via the legs page in LAT/LONG format? If so what is that format? I have found that to regain track when using FS ATC a waypoint name may not be in the database so the only way is to insert the LAT/LONG of that waypoint. I have so far been unable to insert a custom waypoint in LAT/LONG format via either the ROUTE or LEGS pages.

Guest NormanB

Dave,On the legs page you can enter (example, Im just outside Hong Kong in flight) 22E16 which takes me to N22*00.00 E116*00.00.

Guest DaveI

Thanks Norman Tried it.....works fine.Cheers !

Guest DaveI

Hello again Norman Furthur to this.....can only whole degrees be entered ?

Guest NormanB

Dave,I only know how to do that format. I will enquire off of some real world 777 guys and find out what the format is and then if it is available on our model.

Guest DaveI

Thanks Norman Would appreciate any info when available.

Guest Not 40W Again

Dave and Norman, The way it is done on the 777 is as follows:- N50 degrees, 37.3 minutes W050 degrees 45.6 minutes is entered N5037.3W05045.6 (No space or / and always put in the lead 0). For whole degrees it is N50W050. You'll be pleased to hear that on my PSS 777 this method works fine on both the ROUTE and the LEGS pages. Hope this works for you!! Andy

Guest DaveI

Hi Andy Thanks a lot......I thought it should work somehow !

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.