Sign in to follow this  
janosch

Bug report and congratulations after first long haul flight!

Hi,finally had some time to try my PSS 777-200LR in Detail. I just finished doing EDDF - YSSY (Frankfur - Syndey, ~ 9000nm). Althoug i had no major issues during the flight i noted a couple of issues that i thought i post so you can hopefully address them in the upcoming patch:- Maximum pitch indicator is travelling through the whole PFD before take off (up'n down all the time, it never settles down)- Fuel planer: The 777-200LR fuel planner ist almost useless. According to the fuel planner the 777-200LR would never be able to fly more then 8500nm even with no payload- There is a huge difference in terms of fuel capacity between the load editor and the panel (load editor max: 159.814kg while you can load 162.000+ kg in the panel. That means 3 blocks difference!)- Althoug the CDU and the FUEL eicas page show values in KG the engine eicas page shows fuel flow in LBS/hr. A bit misleading.- CDU fuel prediction is total off at the beginning. (it predicted i would run out of fuel before even reaching the australian continent). The closer i came to sydney the more accurate it got. I finally landed with 27.000 kg fuel left (started with the maximul fuel) which sounds very reasonable when comparing to the specs on the boeing website. Very nice!- CDU ETA is totally broken. Sometimes it even displayed for destination a time *earlier* then for the next waypoint. - Due to ATC requests i had to start my descent before reaching te TOD. After starting the descent through the CDU "DES NOW" i instantly got a "DRAG REQUIRED". Why should drag be required when i'm *below* the calculated VNAV PATH?- Can't use panel lighting (the green button illumination) and flood /dome lighting independently. You can have only the green button illumnation or dome/flood combined with green illumantion. Using only flood/dome lights (which i would prefer) is not possible.- Crash in "panel.dll" when selecting the PSS-777 in the "create flight" screen. To fix this i just need to manually change the location in the "create flight" screen to a one different from the one in the default flight. It does not matter which one is the in the default flight (the crash even occurs with default seattle) but just changing it manually before hitting the "fly now" button fixes this. - Black rectangle around ADIRU button on overhead at night when swichting ADIRU off [see screenshot]- "more drag" Messages occisionally lighting up during VNAV descent but throttles far away from idle. "more drag" should only be displayed when the aircraft is not able to achieve the vnav path on it's own.- departure runway instead of arrival runway shown on the CDU "APPROACH REF" page. (runway 34L of YSSY had been selected through the DEP/ARR page before takeoff). [see screenshot]- Althoug i had NO oscillations during cruise the plane shaked quite a lot during the ILS Approach. The vertical oscillation started shortly after capturing the G/S. I did not see that before installing the load editor. I't was perfect on LOC and G/S but osciallated that much that i disconnected A/P and landed on my own (for not scaring the pax). But the A/P would have been landed on the spot, i'm pretty sure.- Engines are spooling up to fast during startup. This are HUGE engines with a fan diameter of almost 3.2 meters! To get such a fan rotating it takes a bit longer. Can provide several videos proving that.- Finally a lot of sounds are missing. Not "clik" when swichting buttons on the overhead, no breasing when turning on the packs and so onMy personal wishlist:Yeahh i know the bird is done but i can't resist to mention them (maybe you have some spare time sometime you don't know what to do with :D ):- CDU fix page (i know, has been discussed before but like the wind alofts pages this one is realling missing in this great addon)- FO callouts would be niceOverall a very nice addon with no real major bugs. I had a great time doing that flight (in real time of course). Well done PSS. Now looking forward to the patch to fix the remaining issues. :-) best regardsjan schreiberShots are attached, flightplan available on request.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/137181.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/137182.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/137183.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/137184.jpg

Hi,as i'm still considering buying the LFR and 300er as well just for my curiosity: Will some of that bugs fixed in the upcoming SP?thanks,janosch

Guest NormanB

Thats the whole reason for a service pack, so yes, that is the intention.

Hi,because some bugs reported are not in the sticky post at the top i was a bit unsure if the upcoming patch will address only the bugs covered in the sticky post or more.Thanks for clearing this up!best regardsjanosch

Guest knack

hello,I can second Jan's observations and might add a minor one of my own. For some reason the left fuel tank empties faster than the right creating an imbalance that is easily corrected by X-transferring fuel until the tanks are balanced, from which point onwards fuel consumption from both L/R tanks remains even. Wonder why that happens...I am really enjoying the T7 but can't help making comparisons (especially since I usually do my flying for BAV -international routes-) utilising the B744, B763 (from the competition :-hah), the Airbuses (PSS) and now the T7.I get the feeling the T7 was rushed and could've really benefitted from a little more attention. Nothing major...just the little extras that the 744 and 763 allow. However, having just completed a long 8hr transatlantic flight from TAPA to EGKK with no major issues, speaks volumes for an addon just recently released and without the benefit of a patch (yet).(no panel.dll crashes here..at all..from the very beginning)Cheers! :-beerchug Tony

Tony,Ensure that the APU is turned off, when you don't need it any longer.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest knack

Hi Soren,yes, the APU gets turned off as per the checklist.Oh well..it's no big deal anyway :) Just thought that PSS may want to look into that as well. As I said..a minor issue.BTW...where can I get the new T7 logo for my siggie?Cheers!Tony

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.