Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

Panels.dll

Guest Pilot53

After installing the load manager I had my first epidemic of fs9 crashes. The crashes only occured with your aircraft, I tested the exact same scenario in other jets. The error message gave me this information, The module at fault was Panels.dll, and wxradar.gau, and pss.gau were also included in the error report. This plane has been released for months now its about time for some help.

Guest NormanB

Hi (please include a name)* Panels.dll is part of FS9* wxradar.gau - Im not sure where that is from but its not ours. We have a FSWXR2100.gau* pss.gau ?Please believe I'm not trying to sidestep whatever the issue you are having is but in order to help I need accurate information. A copy of the error report would help immensely too.Thanks,

Guest Pilot53

I would send the error report but I dont know how to retrieve the report and give it to you.

Guest Pilot53

Also the other included files are PSS-B777.GAU and FSWXR2100.GAU.

Guest NormanB

Hi Again (please sign your posts)When the error comes up it has a hyperlink with the information that will be contained in the report.If you get that then please email it to me.Thanks,

Guest Pilot53

I cant copy any links in the error report.___________________________Mike Iacovetta

Guest NormanB

A screenshot perhaps Mike?

Guest Pilot53

I could not possibly take a shot of the intire report, it is huge, the files pertaining to pss were, PPS-B777.GAU, FSWXR2100.GAU and PANLES.DLL, which was the main file. I have never experienced crashes untill downloading the load editor package.

Guest NormanB

The load edit package does nothing to gauges, nor indeed adds or ammends anything to the FS folders with the exception of the weight entries in the cfgs.Could you indicate what steps you are taking to have this error - ie is it the same thing every time?Thanks,

Guest Pilot53

I managed to do some tesing with the 777 and this is what I ahve discovered: The error occurs when the 777 is selected, yes fs starts with the default flight, about 20 seconds after clicking fly now, the crash occurs. I have just figured out that if the default cessna is loaded if I then select select aircraft and load the 777 while in the spot view it loads fine. It only loads in the spot view. I am also experiencing low frames unless I set the update rates to six or lower, is this a bug, I never experience frame issues with any other aircraft in this environment. One other issue I have found with the external model is the aileron seems to be hangin off in the wrong direction. And why is it that the spoilers are retracted when reversers are stowed, Please dont tell me this is an fs problem that cant be fixed because I have other aircraft from various groups in which this is not a problem. I do thank you for your help and determination,Mike Iacovetta

Guest NormanB

Sorry Mike - I missed this one somehow - probably watching all the FSX stuff.The default update rate is 6. Its like when you first got FS you couldnt run things at max and the same is true with our panel. At 6 the refresh, in my opinion is more than suffice - I certainly wouldnt want to ramp it to the max and watch everything else suffer.Spoliers and stuff I will have to pass to someone in the team more Boeing than me.

Guest Pilot53

All right, what I was saying is I am able to get much smoother refresh rates on the pfd, etc. without loosing preformance with some other addons, but more importantly I really would like to see the spoiler and auto brake bugs fixed.

Guest Pilot53

I would like to see pss acknoledge these problems and try and come up with a fix.

MikeJust for your info; the default refresh rates for the FPD etc seem quite ok for most of us.Also, what is the autobrake bug that you are seeing - I did not notice it in your earlier posts?John RooumPS I suspect PSS are pretty busy at the moment - see other threads.John Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.