Sign in to follow this  
tigerred53

PSS 777 Cruise speeds- too slow.

hello!I have a question about the cruising speeds of the PSS777. The real 777 gets up to around 550mph while crusing. I just rode on one from DFW international to Kansai International (Osaka, Japan) and an inflight display said that, while crusing, we were traveling at 560mph. But I get an overspeed warning if I go above 335mph on the PSS version. How do I increse the speed of the aircraft?-Sanjeev Mundluru

Guest Phoenix5

Sanjeev,The 560 mph would most likely be the ground speed of the aircraft, where as your 335 would be the IAS (Indicated Air Speed).There is/can be quite a difference in Ground Speed and IAS readings which can depend on many factors, such as altitude, wind speeds and direction. An example is I am currently cruising at FL360 with a IAS of 265kts which with my winds of 271/14 (headwind 9kts) gives me a ground speed of 458 kts. (True Air Speed 467)(This is a VERY basic break down of a very intensive subject which I can not do justice here on this forum).

Oh my goodness!I am so sorry! How did I not realize that? How foolish of me!Thank you for your prompt response! Ground speed. And that is an extremely basic subject- although complicated- yes. It is one of the first things I learned, and yet I did not remember! Sorry,Sanjeev Mundluru

Guest Steve_Park

Also, the speed's displayed are in Nautical Mile's per Hour (Knots), when you convert Steve's 458 to Miles per Hour, that is an impressive 527.05698. And to really impress the passengers, that also equal's 848.21599 Kilometers per Hours. The 744 I was on yesterday from VHHH to KJFK via CVYR way showing an even more impressive westerly numbers of 739 MPH with 1190 KPH ground speed with tailwind's of over 150 MPH. at FL330.Steve Park

Sign in to follow this