Sign in to follow this  
Guest iainsm

Reinstallation problem

Guest iainsm

HiI tried to reinstall the 777 after having to reinstall flight sim, but the panel is not working correctly. No numbers are displayed on any of the screens, including the setup screen, the graphics are displayed, just no measurements, and the FMC is blank. I added an attatched photo of the EADI to show what I mean. It's probably my fault and is nothing serious but I'm no expert and would appreciate a bit of help so I can get back to learning to fly her!Thanks in advance,Iain(the guy who's airbus says unhundred instead of 300)

IanCheck that you have the two PSS fonts correctly installed in the windows folder.John R

Guest iainsm

Thanks for the responce. I looked in the fonts folder and can't see anything that looks like its a PSS font. Do you know how I can fix that?ThanksIain

Ian,Check your Windows/Fonts folder for the following:Baloo.ttfIRS_____.TTFThey should be installed automatically by the PSS installer. If you originally installed straight into FS9, you will probably need to do a re-install to find them. If you did a manual install via a temp folder, that folder should have a sub-folder entitled "Fonts".If you have no luck with this, I would e-mail PSS support - they respond very quickly.John R

Guest iainsm

I reinstalled it agin, checked the fonts were there, and they were, and then started the sim, and now it works! I didn't do anything different this time, but the problem is solved,Thanks for your time John,Iain

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.