Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

Getting both COM1 and COM2 radios to work

Guest NormanB

John,When I flew VHHH-EGLL the long way I had a bizarre loss of speed in a similar fashion and found mine was down to the spoilers being deployed (having looked at FS Flightkeeper after the fact).I can't say this is what happened to you since neither you or I know. I would have thought that such an issue would have been identified earlier if it was common.

Hi Norman,Since this happened to me with PMDG 744 also, could this be due to a problem with FSUIPC or CH flight yoke? Do you use CH USB flight sim yoke pro? (the 22-button version I think is what I have).I recently programmed the OTHER button (button 1) for AUDIO (talk) on/off when using Squawkbox for VATSIM but the spoilers still work manually AND they are on the other button (2) in the front grip of the yoke. I could have touched it accidentally but since you too had this issue, maybe something else going on.John

Guest NormanB

John,Whilst I have the chpro I wasnt using it. I was thinking the same that a keypress somewhere is cross mapped.

Hi Norman,I will check for keys but I have not mapped any keys in anything unless I accidentally did something in CH control manager when setting up the button 1 for audio. I do accidentally press keys sometimes when flying so this is possible.I'll get back to you next week as I am working now.Thanks for the hints.John

Hi Norman,Today, I flew from Montreal to Vancouver (CYUL - CYVR) with Active Sky 6 again and I still have no idea why the spoilers deployed but since I was ready for them as soon loss of speed occurred, I disengaged them. I verified the keyboard by pressing some buttons and I had already checked my CH control manager's mapping - no keys are mapped and I am using CH in DIRECT mode. This may be pure coincidence but: It happened AFTER I had setup my final approach waypoints based on the STAR charts for Vancouver I got via VATSIM and had successfully entered them into the CDU without any problems. The plane was banking, doing a turn following the flight plan as it was instructed, when I noticed a sharp drop in speed and disengaged the spoilers.Also, this phenomenon about autopilot disconnect still occurs with PSS as well as the PMDG 744 when switching - however, the autopilot quickly reconnects itself and everything resumes normally. For example, after switching to FS2004 map view or sometimes saving the flight manually when in accelerated mode, autopilot disconnects. A few times, I had the plane literally roll and completely lose Lateral navigation AND VNAV; I had to intervene with manual autopilot MCP heading to get plane back on course but this too happened when accelerating simulation to 8X. I did manage to complete the flight with a perfect manual landing at Vancouver International airport runway 8L and the localizer/glidescope WAS captured without problems. I disengaged all automatic navigation when runway was clearly in sight (as I usually do).To be honest, I don't really have the time nor will to troubleshoot nonsense problems like this - it either works or it doesn't and I have "workarounds" for now. AS 6 may also be the issue so I may try a flight tomorrow with no Active Sky at all and use FS2004's default clear weather to see how it goes.John

Norman,I just checked the key assignments in FS2004 itself and since I never use keys for spoilers, I realized I did not know what the assignment was. It was the FORWARED SLASH "/" key. It is very possible that, since I set speed and altitude restraints in the CDU when entering the final approach START waypoints, I could be touching the forward slash key and this can happen with every flight as I don't enter STARs until I am sure of the final weather at the destination.I completely deleted this key assignment and will see how it goes tomorrow. Sorry for the frustration but I did not have this issue before and was wondering why it suddently surfaced when I flew as I always have...and then realized the I did not fly with such specific SIDs and STARs before either - until I started using VATSIM (though today was another offline flight). VATSIM made me very motivated to use very precise procedures and this is a difference from the way I flew FS2004 before where I did not use SIDs nor STARs.So, if this works in tomorrow's flight, I'll basically have no issue at all (hopefully) except the abrupt A/P disconnects which everyone gets on other payware too (e.g. PMDG 744).John

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.