Sign in to follow this  
jaguado

Cold and Dark

Well, it was looked at a few pages ago, but the topic veered off into some sidewiews issue, so I thought of reviving it a bit.My Cold and Dark does not work. I never changed the default flight, I select cold and dark from the setup menu, but nothing happens. I have tried different things to no avail. I am having the same issues as everyone else. The aircraft is fantastic, I really enjoy flying it and as a long time fan of the 777, I am very happy with what PSS has done with it, so, just like everyone else, I am really looking forward to the patch, but I have had a look at the known issues, and there is no reference to this small issue. Could somenone shed some light into this please? :DJavier

JavierI guess that PSS are pretty busy at the moment. Are you reloading FS9 after setting cold and dark?The correct procedure is:1. load FS9 and the PSS 7772. select Cold & Dark from the set up screen. Press ok3. shut down FS94. restart FS9 and load the 777 as normal.Hope this resolves the problem.John R

Thanx John, but it did not, it was the second thing I tried after it didn't work the first time.Javier

Sorry about that. This is something I have never seen before and there only seem to be two cases in the forum. I suspect it will be sorted with the patch [see the Sticky Post], in the meantime you could look at the following [if you have not already tried:1. Do other commands in the Panel Utiliy work ie changing fuel, AIDU settings ect?2. Try re-building FS9.cfg - I have no idea whether this will have any effect but it sometimes sorts out odd problems.3. Re-install the 777 .gau files [after changing the names of the original ones first].Good luckJohn

Just to re-assure you; it is mentioned in the Sticky Post above.John

>Just to re-assure you; it is mentioned in the Sticky Post>above.>>JohnWhere?? the only thing is on how to start FS9, wich is no good for me, since I already do that.

Guest NormanB

Javier,Start FS. From the select a flight page choose a default aircraft.From the 2d view change aircraft to the 777.Set any other things you wish to have, such as the transponder to standby.Set Cold and Dark.Save the flight.Exit.Restart FS. You will now be able to select that flight.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.