Sign in to follow this  
rservice

Vapour trail effects

What display settings are required to enable vapour trails, or is this function enabled yet?Ron

Ron Service

Guest Midnight LS1

Are you talking about the ones that comes from the wingtips? Those are related to the weather in FS9. With the right hudimity and settings, it will show on approach.

Yes, its the wintip contrails. I've tried various weather conditions, but have'nt been able to reproduce it yet. I can get it with the PSS Concorde but maybe the Concorde is more likely to produce these as its a Delta wing. Any ideas? Maybe someone can post the conditions for these trails on the T7.Ron

Ron Service

Guest Midnight LS1

Pretty sure it does have wingtip contrails. All PSS is gonna tell you that specific weather conditions have to exist in order to get them.I was approaching into LIRF 2 days ago and it was foggy out, I think it was below 2 Statue Miles and in spot view I could see the wingtip contrails come out.The engine intake does consende at a specific weather too. I would play around with foggy days and see if that worked.If you are able to pull the METAR for LIRF that took place at 1-2pm at Rome, Italy time at 1/16/2006, the answer might be in there because I'm using ActiveSky 6 which downloads realtime weather based on the airport and route.

Guest Phoenix 1

a simple test is to set the default grey and rainy WX from FS .. then attempt a takeoff you "should" notice the Engine intake vapour at hi power and also when you have enough airspeed (watch the wingtips around rotate) you should see the trails up to about 1000 feethope it helps ?

Thanks Graham, that did the trick, the conditions have to be just right.Ron

Ron Service

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.