Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roger Eve

The 777 will not tune to the ILS

Guest Roger Eve

I wonder if you can help me. The 777 will not tune to the ILS, the numbers are all showing as if it is selected and tuned but nothing appears in the PFD and the aircraft does not pickup the localizer or the glide slope.This occurs even if automatic as per flightplan, but also on manual entries via the FMC. All other aircraft are OK.Any thoughts.Roger

Which airport are you trying to land at, and are you selecting the runway on the dep/arr page? Are you on an intercept course? The ILS frequency usually appears once the arrival runway is selected on the FMC. You may have to correct discontinuities if you are using a STAR arrival route or manually select heading to intercept the runway extension.Also, have you tried the tutorial flight from KBFI to KLAX?Hope this helps.Try posting your route and I can try it out.Ron

Ron Service

Guest NormanB

Roger,Also check that the ILS is not PARKED in the CDU.

Guest Roger Eve

Thanks for your replies.I am landing at Gatwick and on an intercept course, 30 degrees off the runway course and the aircraft just crosses it. The ILS is not parked it either has a A or M next to the 110.90/262 in the CDUI have used the Dep/Arr screen as well as manual imputs. The ILS frequency appears on the PFD in ILS mode, but I do not get the glideslope marker or the localiser bar.I frequently use London Gatwick as I am the HC of the Noble Air VA Gatwick hub. It's a puzzle. Incidentally I have also had an apparent loss of airspeed (as if the pitot heat was turned off), and on one flight the FMC announced I was at the end of the flight during the descent!It makes it almost impossible to use this aircraft.Roger

Guest FlyinJ

Roger,I hope this is not a silly question, but did you enable the LOC button on the MCP? If so, "LOC" should appear on the PFD's Autopilot Annunciator panel in white indicating that the AP's locaizer intercept function is armed.Jeff

Roger,I think whats happening is you first have to select a DEFAULT FS flight, usually a Cessna first, then end it and select the PSS 777, otherwise the FMC data gets screwed up. I tried it first without selecting the DEFAULT and sure enough it will not capture the ILS at EGKK or probably anywhere else,HOWEVER, if I use the recommended method as above, i.e., end flight, select PSS T7, then it works ok.I admit I've done this myself but thats the way it works. Hope this helps.Ron

Ron Service

I believe the answer to this issue is in how you start FS ...If you start FS with the default CESSNA and shut the Engine AND Battery off LIKE MOST OTHER FS ADDONS SUGGESTThen the VOR, ADF, and ILS DO NOT WORK ....So ... you have to start with the CESSNA, engine off, Batteries ONOtherwise you can fly those nice visual approaches.I for one, hope this is fixed if the patch ever comes. The caps indicate that this drives me crazy ....Imagine flying 13 hours from WSSS to Cape Town to find that the GD ILS and VOR receivers are not functioning ... but the FMS was still able to get me to 500 feet so I could see the runway ... (Of course I should have checked the ILS receiver before taking off)AND while I am commenting here, I hope that the update includes a functioning FIX page ... come on PSS ... I love the radar, but you need to add the FIX page ... this is 2006 after all .. and after learning how nice it is to have a FIX page from LDS, PMDG and Feelthere ... I think you guys missed something important ...O well ... try starting FS with the CESSNA, engine off, batteries ON ... I think you'll have ILS support.Of course, maybe it's only me.Cheers,Paul BenoitKSAN

Guest Roger Eve

Hi Ron & Paul,Thanks Guys that was the answer. I was starting the T7 after the Cessna, but I had the batteries OFF. I have resaved my default Cessna startup with the batteries ON and all is well.I hope this does get fixed with the patch as it is a bit of pain having to go through this procedure.Thanks again,Roger

Guest leopoldo

Hi.I guess...Is the avionincs turn on?RegardsLeopoldo

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.