Sign in to follow this  
glennc

Flight FX Group MD80 Engine Volume

Foremost, kudos to the designers of this aircraft. I primarily fly short hops and it compliments the Project Fokker aircraft nicely.I changed my sound.cfg lines in accordance with the readme file, but the engine noise is beyond loud. ATC becomes impossible to hear. Is there a solution in the aircraft's sound.cfg file? I'd rather not adjust volume settings each time I change aircraft.Thanks in advance,GlennWindsor, CANADA

Glenn I noticed a loud ???? sound also when the ac reaches around 120 kts. I don't think its the engine sound, I think its suppose to be rushing air. Personally I didn't care for it so I went into the sound file and clicked on each wave to figure out which one it was,,,, and deleted it. Now my ac sounds (to me) more realistic. BTW, In my file it was the wave in the top row farthest to the right. I don't recall the name but just click on them and figure it out. Of course this gets rid of it completely, but like you I didn't want to change my sounds each time either.

Yes, same here. I couldn't fly the MD80 last night due to the wind rush noise. Going to be looking in the sound file later this evening and remarking out the offending file.Hard to believe this got by all the testing...other than that - looks like a great airplane!Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest roderic757

Hey guys... Just something to try... I didnt really care for interior sounds for the MD80 so I transfered my Ironknuckle DC-9 interior sounds over to the MD80 and WOW...what a difference and it actually sounds much much better..I kept the exterior sounds because they are very true to the real thing...But something to think about... Roderic

Guest lawyerpilot

change the sound.cfg line where it says max volume= to 8000 instead of 140,000. It's obviously a typo. No other aircraft I have seen has a value over 10,000-12,000.Happy flying!CMBP4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -190 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Sorry for the trouble. This was one of the mix-ups that was included in the .zip file uploaded. It is corrected in the new file we're uploading.