Sign in to follow this  
Guest may05amad

Patch

Guest may05amad

Anyone knows about a patch release date ?Thanks

Guest Phoenix 1

Yeah can someone let me know please?:)

And that from the "Figurehead" of PSS!However, following the various threads still around, I guess that new problems are appearing daily and it is easy to appreciate the difficulties facing the PSS team - also see the "Whats wrong with PSS ..." thread. As always we need patience - its a great add-on and I am sure will be even better with the patch.John R

Guest tommy.knocker

you right, it's a good product, but i thing that 3 month are way too much for an update. i'm sure Pss guys are working hard, but i didn't liked the way the managed the T7 development. at least I hope the patch will correct ANYTHING, and considering the time passed i also would like to see new features. regards

Guest NormanB

Tomasso,Whilst we all want to see the patch as soon as possible we also want to make sure it addresses the areas previously raised.

Guest franksalot

Norman,I agree.Give Graham a pat on the back from me; he has exactly the same sense of humour that I have :) - I have a few PSS products in my 'hangar' which I have enjoyed 'flying' starting with the Airbus series, I now have the Boeing B777 ( it's waiting for 'repairs at the moment); I know the patch will come along in due course.Keep smilingKenSomerset, England

Just my opinion, and I don't often have or offer them anymore ... but if AVSIM news is true and the 777 has gone "release to CD" without a patch ... you guys are in a world of hurt ... The 777 is certainly flyable and I have done 70+ hours and lots of miles, but the nonsense about the "battery on" and ILS/VOR problems is enough to drive many people ... me included ... mad ... and I'm sure there are many more little nits as people report here.O well ... best of luck!!!!Regards,Paul BenoitKSAN

Guest NormanB

Paul,We dont sell CDs - thats another company who sell addons from many developers. They alone make the choice to go or wait for a patch.

Thanks for the info Norman !!!!In the best of all possible worlds, I would think that these people might wait for the patch prior to burning and selling CDs ... but hey ... not my business!!!! TGIF ... I, for one, am very happy it's Friday!!!Cheers!!!Paul BenoitKSAN

>Thanks for the info Norman !!!!>>In the best of all possible worlds, I would think that these>people might wait for the patch prior to burning and selling>CDs ... but hey ... not my business!!!! >>TGIF ... I, for one, am very happy it's Friday!!!>>Cheers!!!>>Paul Benoit>KSANPaul:The problem is not with the developer... so to speak. It is with US the consumer. WE (me included) have "accepted" the fact that it is OK to sell a product before it has been "completely" beta tested. I was a programmer for some years, and "tried" to follow a proper sequence of programming/testing/fixing and testing again. But the truth is, until the general public get it (roll out) in their "little hands" we then start to see "all the" problems.In other words, no one person or group is to blame. Could things be better tested? Sure! Is it financially viable? Maybe! But not likely. Gentlemen, you only have to look at Microsoft to see that these problems are, well, the norm. PSS is NOT stupid enough to sell you a product that does not work. But there is no way (in my opinion) that they or ANY other software developer can guaranty that a product will work "perfectly" on the first realease. Again, look to Microsoft... with their HUGE budget.PSS may not be the "very best" at answering your concerns as quickly as you may like, but they usually get around to it eventually. You see, you have maybe one or two concerns, they are dealing with "thousands" of people with the same or similar concerns.... one tends to get "a bit" tired of dealing with that end of things. Like us, they want to be praised for their work... you usually don't hear from people when they are happy though!I hope everyone understands that I am not discounting individual problems. I get VERY angry myself when I spend hard earned money for an addon that does not meet my expectations. But think about it, does anything "trully" meet with what we expect? I just have to look at my wife of 16 years to get my answer!!!! ROTFLMAO... JUST Kidding DEAR!Things will work out, they always do in the end!Murray Wheten

Guest tommy.knocker

i see your point of view, and i can't disagree. but consider other facts, more then 3 months have passed: no update or precise info about it, many people was a little disappointed about the external model and some missing features but no joy: the t7 will be patched but no new feature will be added (look at coolskyflight1's md80, an airplane far from perfection but the developer is Woking hard: 3 beta patches and a lot of new features added and to be added, many of those asked by customers), on the other hand pss makes you pay for liveries (!!!) and different versions (200300F). remember also all the problems that the a330340 had, i hope PSS will change route. i bought all their planes (starting from the 757), but this is the last time. some years ago Pss was the only developer so brave and skilled to bring us good airplanes, but now there are many other competitors (look at the forthcoming 757...). this is just my 2 cents, I

Hi Murray and Tomasso,I am in no way slamming PSS ... in my 20+ years of simmming, I can say that PSS is at the top of my list along with LDS, F1 Dreamfleet and PMDG as a "vendor of choice". In fact, the venerable PSS 747-400 and earlier 777 were my first real introduction to large commercial airliners and really "got me involved" in flightsim and aviation in general (not to mention my kids have grown up, married and moved away and I have free time to spend with a hobby).My concern is, I believe, the same as many of you ... software which has problems ... and especially software with problems which seems to languish without a fix ... and you are certainly correct ... expectations are always high ... and most vendors these days seem to put out a fix for most obvious thing very quickly.Like you, I have been in the IT business over 30 years as a systems analyst, programmer, network programmer, systems programmer and the last 15 year as a manager ... and remember the days of large mainframes where it was hard to get accounting software to run on 1 standard large mainframe with a known release of microcode, on an operating system with a known widely released version ... should have been easy to control ... but never was .. and it was a never ending battle of fixes and patches and "jeez ... company xx has the same as you but no issues" ... type of stuff.So I am aware of the difficulties and I simply can't concieve of how this all works across a seemingly infinite combination PC's, mother boards, video and sound boards, not to mention the various levels of bios and OS fixes, etc ... Having a simple Dell older 8250 with a gig of memory and a Radeon video card ... I'm VERY VERY fortunate that most things work out of the box ... except for obvious silliness like the cessna battery off ... no ILS/VOR stuff ... and I feel very badly for everyone who has problems because, like in the olden days ... trying to rule out issues, if it works for me ... logically ... should work for everyone else .... hahahahaha ... alas not the truth anymore.PSS has always been numero uno in my book for support and it certainly has continued today, although I am sad to see John Helsby (whose brilliant tutorials for the old 744 and 772 really got me going)has moved on ... but Norman and crew have taken over and do a great job. Although I am very pleased with the T7 ... and fly it often on very long segments ... there are a few things which I had hoped for ... hahahahahaha ... silly consumer that I am ... a FIX page on the FMS ... should have been standard today ... i.e. PMDG, LDS and Feelthere ... honestly I find no excuse for that lack. Fire tests ... should not be a biggie these days. A few little things missing... but I do love the weather radar ... very very nice.At any rate you are both correct ... nothing is ever as it seems ... except of course for my wife of 35 years who has always put up WITH ME ... amazing.Cheers and happy weekend!!!!!Paul BenoitKSAN

Guest NormanB

The short answer is that we could have released many interim micro patches but in all honesty the better way, and PMDG for example appear to have followed a similar train of thought, is to patch once and patch good.Our patch will be available soon. Very soon.

There you go everyone, Norman has spoken. :)Thanks Norman!Paul,and others:I know that you were not saying anything unreasonable. I hope I did not give you that impression. I am pretty sure by your resposes that you did not, but I just wanted to clarify that.BTW, I don't own the 777...yet. I am waiting for the patch! :D I "almost" always wait for patches before I buy now. In 15 years of simming, I learned something... finally! But if everone did what I do, there would be "no" payware addons. So, I guess I deserve to be flamed now! :) Give me a head start... OK?