Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

777 flight dynamics

Guest NormanB

Simon,Welcome to our forums. Please dont forget to sign your posts; it makes for a much more friendly community.In answer to your post, there have been a number of concerns in regard to over correction. Strangly though it doesnt seem to affect everybody! Nevertheless, it is one of the top priorities in the patch.Another post exists showing how some users have edited a dat file with very positive results. I myself have not tried this but I know other beta testers have done.Thanks as always for the positive words. They, along with constructive criticism are always welcome.

Guest simonmd

Opps, as I don't have a criptic 'handle' I didn't think is was neccesary.I have done the autopilot adjustment in the .cfg file as suggested but this has not effected the ILS problem. I know that all systems are different but this is the first and only AC i've had such a problem with. There are loads of freeware AC that handle just fine, (I have over 100!) so having this sort of thing happen on a payware product is anoying. I'm glad you didn't see me as another 'ranter', I have the highest respect for the product and PSS as a whole.Today I bought PC Pilot magazine only to see your 777 all over the back cover. I do hope that a patch to resolve this is quick as i'd hate to the good name of PSS spoilt.SimonBTW, been looking for the thread you mentioned about editing a file? Can't find it, please give a link or title. Thanks.

Guest brianlr

Hi SimonI am not sure if this is what you have already done, but this thread may be what you are looking for:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=8858&page=2This has resolved the sharp changes in attitude when taking off, reaching cruise, beginning descent, and capturing glideslope on approaching airports; but there is still too much sharp turning on capture of the LOC. I hope that will be addressed in the patch.Hope this is helpful information,Brian

Guest simonmd

Thanks for that but yes, it's the one i've already done. The first 90% of the flight is flawless now and I had no trouble with take off or cruise. Just wish I could land the thing!Simon

Guest CJ

Hi,I just did a Long Haul flight from KDFW to EGKK and everything was great. Takeoff was fine, so was the climb and a very stable cruise.The initial descent was ok but i must say, the approach was dire.About halfway over the atlantic i noticed that the STAR that i had chosen had a VERY short glideslope and lots of sharp turns. Also i could see clearly that the magenta line on the PFD should line up with the runway pretty good but this time it was at a slight angle which would have meant i'd have touched down on the runway and probably ploughed into the south terminal building.I tried to set up another STAR but they all had the same charactersistics.I decided to fly the STAR i had initially chosen and everything seemed ok, the dots came on which told me id be expecting to capture the localiser pretty soon, so i waited.....and i waited....and i waited.... nope.Never captured the localizer and the aircraft showed no signs of even wanting to head the right way. I could clearly see that with such a short G/S and knowing that the 777 likes to overcorrect itself at least twice that i was never going to land this thing. I Initiated a hold pattern, tried again, still no luck, so then i did the best i could to land myself which quite honestly was a failure.What i want to know is what is wrong with capturing LOC and whats with the off-angle glideslope?I hope these issues will be addressed in the patch. I managed a succesful flight just a few days ago so i know it can be done.This is a great product and with a patch that hopefully will iron out all the faults, this should be a top-notch product.Regards,Chris

Guest Knikolaes

I am unsure as that may just be a bad airport STAR set written in your database, which PSS never wrote that I know of (all STARS are from NAVDATA.at and are written by third party folks).I have neverhad an issue such as that. I have the Gatwick 2005 add-on and fly in there a lot in a 767, so I shall try the same approaches with the 777 and confirm if the navdata is bad for that airport.

Guest simonmd

Tried that, if anything it was WORSE! The 'Porpoising' effect at cruise has got worse with repeated nodding up and down in level flight. The ILS landing, well, didn't happen! Missed the localiser completely on the first attempt and again I had to turn off the AP and land manualy after the the third. This really is not forgivable for a payware product, i'm thinking of claiming my money back under the sale of goods act here in the UK. (ie, a product must be capable of doing what it described) I'm really begining to loose faith in PSS now. Terrific model, sounds and panel but if it won't cruise or land, WHAT'S THE POINT?A very disgruntled, Simon.

Guest Knikolaes

As far as my computer is concerned -- it is capable. **shrugs** Are you sure you do not have FSUIPC settings off somewhere? If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC, I know in another product forum (I think it was a 737) there was an FSUIPC setting that was responsible for VERY unstable cruise flight and radical changes -- and it effected only VERY few aircraft -- but was mainly effected on the 737. Of course, if you have the free version of FSUIPC, then disregard as this would not apply.Hope this helps.

>Tried that, if anything it was WORSE! The 'Porpoising' effect>at cruise has got worse with repeated nodding up and down in>level flight. The ILS landing, well, didn't happen! Missed the>localiser completely on the first attempt and again I had to>turn off the AP and land manualy after the the third. >>This really is not forgivable for a payware product, i'm>thinking of claiming my money back under the sale of goods act>here in the UK. (ie, a product must be capable of doing what>it described) I'm really begining to loose faith in PSS now.>Terrific model, sounds and panel but if it won't cruise or>land, WHAT'S THE POINT?>>A very disgruntled, Simon.Please, give them a chance, the aircraft is worth the wait, all your problems are being adressed in the forthcoming patch, do remember that there is not a single aircraft out there that came out spot on, on the first go... Another manufacturer's 737 has had 3 patches in 1 month...

ChrisAt what range from touchdown is the CDU setting the "CF" point? - it appears when you insert the arrival runway. I found that it was far too close for a decent ILS in a big jet so I now delete it and set my own "IP" for joining the loc, usually at 15 20 nm on the extended centreline.I have also had a couple of occasions [one last night going into LMML] when the last couple of way points suddenly disappeared so that the VNAV flew me direct to the runway off the centreline. I know that several folks have had this at various times since the T7 was released. Seems due to the fact that the FMC VNAV appears to "look ahead" a couple of waypoints and if the turns are too severe, it deletes those in between. Odd. It would help if there was some way of setting the CDU to fly overhead waypoints, rather than turning well before - depending on the turn required.John R

Guest simonmd

Help, I've spent good money on this and it WON'T land properly!I know there is an ongoing disscusion about the 777's handling in ILS but this is rediculous for a payware product. I've flown the tutorial and many other flights, either full FP's with STARS or just direct to's and as soon as I get near the airport, it starts going all over the place. Each and EVERY time I've had to switch off the AP and land manualy. The main problem seems to be the plane trying to 'overcorrect' when it is a bit off track. Instead of turning slightly left or right to get back on it, it is trying to do a full 90 deg turn to meet it head on. Then, of course, when it does get back on track, it has to do another imediate 90 deg turn to follow it. This goes on and on while the height also varies drasticaly.Don't get me wrong, the rest of the package IS GREAT! The sound is good, the visual model very nice and the panel and systems are terrific! This makes it even more frustrating though as I really want to fly her again but what's the point with each one ending so badly? BTW, yes, I have read the sticky post by Knikolaes regarding the realism settings and my 'general' setting is turned all the way down so it's not that.

Guest NormanB

Simon,The file changes by Adam are his own work and not anything official from PSS, therefore your use will be of your own choosing.I know it doesn't help your situation but I have yet to miss an ILS and in fact flew in zero vis a few days ago as per this screenshot.http://www.avsim.com/pss/screenshots/Norman/2006-01-05.jpgSadly I didnt land in these conditions, not having any reference at minima and only a CATII but it did follow the ILS on the two approaches I made there, as well as the one at my alternative.The aircraft flies as expected for many people. Yes some people are having difficulties but those are being addressed.

Guest simonmd

removed by StevenSpamming the forum helps no one