Sign in to follow this  
Guest LAX5x5

What causes a CTD?

Guest LAX5x5

I just had a crash to desktop while flying KLAX-WSSS. Not that fun considering it's around a sixteen hour flight. I was just under 100nm's out and was in my descent to Changi when the ctd occured. This is the first ctd I've had while flying the PSS T7 and only the second I've experienced, the other being with the PMDG B744 a couple of months ago. I'm not saying that the T7 caused the crash, in fact I've flown three flights in the past two weeks with the PSS T7 without any issues. I just want to know what can cause a ctd in FS9? Before I attempt this long flight again, I would like to know if there's anything I can do to lessen the chance of another crash from happening. Maybe I should note that this is the first time I've attemted this flight and the first time I've flown to Singapore in FS9. A scenery problem maybe?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.-Ely

The first suspect for CTD's is scenery. Duplicate AFCAD's or bad AFCAD's can cause these types of problems. I note you were approaching WSSS. Are you using the Samsoft scenery? I know that there were reports of CTD's with the early versions of this scenery, and that has been fixed in a patch update.The best way to verify this is to disable various scenery files until you discover which one seems to be the culprit.

Graeme Butler

Guest LAX5x5

Double AFCAD. I can just hit myself right now. I forgot to take out the Ultimate Traffic AFCAD before I installed a new one for WSSS. Thanks, Graeme.-Ely

Ely,No worries! I hope you have solved your CTD problems :-)

Graeme Butler

I just want to add a point here if someone got any similar problems.The Samsoft WSSS Scenery causes a CTD when about 100nm out.Download the update, and you will be fine.Andreas. Doing the SIA352 WSSS-EKCH now.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.