Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

UAL 928 Reenactment

Guest Knikolaes

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your reenacting pleasure I have just uploaded a reenactment package based on the Just Planes United Flight 928 video. Although the T7 in the video is indeed NOT an LR model, I have adjusted weights and included a PDF "photocopy" of the PSS PAX Load sheet adjusted to show the changes (I did that so I would not be distributing actual PSS files - out of respect for the developer).Whenever the next set of downloads are available on AVSIM, it should be up.I only did the outbound leg from KORD to EGLL. The video did not cover the return trip in much detail at all, so I left that out.I hope you enjoy and I VERY highly recommend the video. I admit I am not a United Airlines fan, but the video is of great quality for any T7 lover nonetheless.While this package may be used by any T7 FS pilot, I aimed this as a dedication to all you PSS fans out there.Thanks for a wonderful bird, PSS.

Guest eagle201

Thanks for taking the time to make this. It's a good idea and I'm going to try it asap. Great informative video too. Notice recorded in July 2001. You won't see any more of these from US airlines for a while..JSample

Guest Knikolaes

Aye I know :-( Heck Flight Attendants panic if I even ask for a copy of the flight plan at the end of the flight from the captain. American Eagle won't give them any more "for security reasons". Continental still does, though. And I managed a couple from Southwest as well.The video was done so superbly that it made it easy to put this one together. I have a 767 file out as well for the awesome Leisure International, which was awesome to put together. I am going to try that same flight with the T7 just for kicks :-)

Guest Knikolaes

Definately let me know how you enjoy it :-)

Guest FlyinJ

Hi Chris.How's the flight training going? Regarding the JP video on UAL 928, I've had the video for a while now and find it facinating but wish the camera man kept the camera focused more on the panel during the approach and landing rather than looking out the window at the scenery so much. There is another 777 video which I also found quite facinating. It's from ITVV and can be found at this link: http://www.itvv.co.uk/cpab777200.asp. The Cathay Pacific Capt. goes into some nice detail about the flight instruments and systems. It's also interesting to note who the first officer on the flight is.... none other than Suzanna Darcy (now Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann) who is now the 777-200LR project pilot and the senior pilot on the LR's record-breaking VHHH-EGLL flight.Cheers,Jeff

Guest Knikolaes

Wow, i shall definately go for that video in my list. Right now my next target buy is a Virgin Atlantic 747 from Europe )I forget the exact country) to San Francisco, where I will do a 747 reenactment for those of us using the PMDG 747. Me thinks I'll have to go for that T7 video right afterwards :-)As for my flight training, i am still working on my PPL. Now that my community college has decided to start a flight school, I took all academics this semester to get the rest of all possible requirements out of the way. That way next semester all i have to worry about is the ground school and flight, and i can therefore balance out financial aid to assist with the training.

Guest FlyinJ

Ah yes, the Virgin Atlantic 744 video from ITVV is really nice one! In some respects, it's better than the Cathay T7 video as they improved their video techniques. I have both in my collection. IMHO, the ITVV videos are a step above the JP vids, but you can judge for yourself when you view them.Best of luck with the rest of your flight instruction. I'll send you a separate email regarding a stop I made in Pueblo a little over a year ago.Jeff

Guest Knikolaes

That would be awesome. KPUB has a rich history behind it, despite it's look of a simple municipal airport.

Guest Pro-Sim

Somewhere in Europe ???It was from a little airfield called London Heathrow Chris.. ;-)It was flying to some continent out West, can't remember what it's called again.. heh heh ;-)Yes it's a good DVD... How can one find your Video on AVSIM, I'm surprised you've not given a link on here ?David

Guest Knikolaes

**laughs** Ah give a young lad a break. I was barely awake and getting ready for classes when I posted that **nudge nudge**Just search for "Dittmar" on AVSIM, order by date -- should be the first one as it is my latest upload :-)So there really is land over there eh?Just kidding. Hey at least i am awake . . . for the moment. That's what i get for taking 21 credit hours this semester alone.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.