Sign in to follow this  
Guest jayson2830

777-300ER/ No steering

Guest jayson2830

After landing I am unable to steer the aircraft. when I taxi out for takeoff it is ok.

I have found exactly the same problem when doing an automatic landing. My suspicion is that if the landing is slightly heavy then the steering authority is lost nearly every time. A more gentle manual touchdown is always OK. As has been noted above, it's always OK on taxi outI have switched all the FD and AP functions off after landing and it makes no difference. A heavy landing means no steering, however doing a (gentle) manual landing I have always found I can still steer with no problems (regardless of the FD and AP functions being on or off).Perhaps it's a 'damage' mode? Or perhaps a CG issue with insufficient weight on the nose wheel?Rick

Guest NormanB

I will ask the others. Maybe my landings have all been lucky?!

Guest jayson2830

I had the same problem and it wasn't a hard landing.It acts like the nose wheel is "floating" it starts to turn in one direction and it wobbles back to the opposite direction.

Guest jayson2830

I am still having these problems.After landing my manual brakes dont work and the nose wheel steering is all over the place,very sensitive and immpossible to do. It feels like the nose is "floating" all over the place.Once I get slowed down I can stop using the parking brake.After that my manual braking becomes effective again. It is not because of a hard landing either. I am using FSpassengers and the after flight report said the landing was great but I was pennalized for using the parking brakes to stop. I also had to end the simulation sitting in the middle of the taxi strip because of the inabillity to steer the aircraft.

Guest diajohn2

Turn off your autopilot after landing and you will see a big difference.

Guest jayson2830

Tried turning off autopilot and autothrottle. Makes no difference. I did try the last time not using autobrakes. I had no problem. I will try again later.

Guest AFR007

Have you the last FSUIPC version? 3.60 ? I think it will solve all your steering problem.Delete old fsuipc's files and install the new dll. try and look.bigdog

Guest jayson2830

I am using version 3.60

Rich & Rick,This is very odd as the patched FDE resolved this issue on the LR.PSS are obviously very busy this weekend; so one thought - are you sure that you have the updated .air file for the ER. I am sure that you have checked but, if not, try that. The new FDE made a huge difference to my LR and must have been incorporated in the ER.John Rooum

Guest NormanB

As John said, all 3 models were subject to the patch. The 300ER had its patch reissued within a few hours of its release since I had zipped up an old file, otherwise this shouldnt happen and hasnt been reported by anybody since patching.

Guest sooty

Hi Norman, That is not strictly correct. I reported it a couple of days after the 1.1 Patch was released. Exactly the same symptoms as reported here with the 300-LR.Regards,Martin.

Guest jayson2830

I have been experimenting. I set up a situation where I could start 14 miles out on an approach, on the localizer and glideslope. I practiced using various autobrake settings, etc. I found out a couple of things. First, the spoilers never deploy automaticaly I have to do them manually. Secondly I have only found one autobrake setting that will disarm itself after manual braking is used.When I select MAX AUTO setting it works. Any other setting it doesnt disarm until the first time on the ground throttle is applied, otherwise the autobrake has to be disarmed manualy.

Guest jayson2830

Well I still had problems since my last post, but I think I have now found the solution. Evidently there was a program or a process running in the background. I used a program called " End it All " which I have had for ages but seldom used. I decided since my steering problem wasn't the same all the time, I decided that I would try ending all unneccesary programs. Well so far It seems to have solved the problem.I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.