Sign in to follow this  
Guest nicoet

Problem on the runway when landing

Guest nicoet

Hello,Just after landing when I use the rudders, the plane goes from left to right as if the runway was not asphalt but ice!!!What should I doThank you for your helpNicolas

Guest Midnight LS1

That's called sliding.The patch will have fixes for this.

Guest nicoet

Ok thank you hop it will be out soon beacause for the moment it is impossible to land for me i don't know how do you do guys to land???See youNicolas

I for the moment use autoland, and auto brake, then turn on reverse thrust. When the aircraft slows sufficiently, turn off (disconnect autopilot), and steer with the joystick control.Ron

Ron Service

Guest Midnight LS1

>I for the moment use autoland, and auto brake, then turn on>reverse thrust. When the aircraft slows sufficiently, turn off>(disconnect autopilot), and steer with the joystick control.>RonThrust reverse won't engage with autopilot engaged. The AP needs to be manually disconnected before it can work. The patch also addresses this issue too.

Well on my machine, IT WORKS, i.e., I use autothrottle and set speed to approx 145 Knots. After landing, I use F2 key to initiate reverse thrust, which it does, and I still have A/P engaged. Now I don't know what the aircraft does in real life,maybe this should not work this way, but it does for me.Ron

Ron Service

Guest FlyinJ

Ron,In real life, when the T7's AP is performing the landing and roll-out (Autoland), the AP retards the throttles to idle when the main gear is about 25 feet above the runway, flares the aircraft and gently brings it in contact with terra firma. In addition to the spoilers and autobrakes (armed prior to landing) doing their jobs, the flight crew will *manually* apply reverse thrust as the AP does not perform that function. Also note that full reverse thurst is seldom used due to noise restrictions at most airports. At the flight crew's discretion, the AP is disengaged and manual control of the aircraft is established.Jeff

OK, I stand corrected, as I said, I was'nt sure how this operated in real life, but it allows me to "fly" the plane in the meantime however unrealistic until a patch is issued, which hopefully will be soon. I was'nt aware of the noise restrictions which I guess could limit access to some airports if the plane has a high landing weight.Hey, I learn something every day.Regards, Ron

Ron Service

Guest FlyinJ

Hi Ron,Until the patch from PSS arrives, here is another tip that may help with your control of the T7 after a autoland - It works for me! ...First, implement the changes to the FS9.CFG file as outlined in thread: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=8858&mode=full (specifically, post #8893).The next time you go flying and want to perform an autoland, let the AP do its thing during the approach and landing. On short final, make sure NumLock is OFF and then upon touchdown, tap the numpad 5 key. That should nuetralize any control surface inputs applied by the AP allowing you to better control the T7 using rudder control during roll-out.Hope that helps.Jeff

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.