Sign in to follow this  
Guest crasher

777-300er

Guest crasher

Hi, I have got 777-300 running today and it looks as if it will give me hours of fun. Now I managed to get it airbourne and settled down,except,it couldn`t hold its course. It oscillated about 2 or 3 degrees around the set course. Is ths a problem that has arisen before? I looked around but could not see any reference to it. Any help very much appreciated. Thank you Alan

Guest Midnight LS1

Are you running any higher simulation rate than 1x with autopilot engaged? It has been tested to 8x rate but the oscillation is still a problem and the patchwork is going to fix that.The oscillation at cruise is noted and it's related to the CG since you're using a 777-300ER, I have a 777-200LR.Here's a quote from the sticky post:-Oscillation at cruiserelated to,I have found that the -300 is very stable if you keep the CG forward of about 18%.With the default load, I moved the cargo in bay 4 up and added it to bay 1...gives a CG of around 15.8% with full fuel if I remember. The CG will shift aft as fuel is burned off, but in this case not past around 18%. It's rock stable in that configuration at acceleration at least up to 8x..Bob Scott

Guest crasher

Hi Chris, Thanks for that I will give it a try. I seem to fiddle with things more than I actually fly.Reading the various forums it seems I am not the only one. Thanks again, Alan

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.