Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

757 hype

Guest fcrash

A little bit more news about the patch would be nice don't you think Norman? This is not a new release , it's a patch!Fernando

Guest NormanB

Fernando,Im not sure what else I can say. We have addressed the issues and are testing them. I don't want to say it will be released on since as sure as eggs are eggs we miss it for whatever reason..... Thanks,

Guest eduardotgjunior

>The first I (or anybody from PSS) knew of the Wilco 757 was>yesterday when it was announced on the AVSIM front page. We>however mentioned the 757 at the time the 777 started.Norman, I didn`t said wilco 757, but 777. And you are talking about captainsim 757-200. Why only you can fly and ILS without any issues? Tell can you fly an ifr too(long journey flight) without any problems? And do you how it takes to earn the money that I paid? Why you keep saying to send mails to explain the situation if you don`t refund? Would you like to pay for something that doens`t work has it should and stay without any notice of resolutions, just promises? The strod or flashing light, apears when you are flying at night and turn off some of the lights!RegardsEduardo JrLufthansa Virtual PilotCaptain

Guest NormanB

Eduardo,There are some people who I have refunded. They are however on a case by case basis.I fly many long haul flights and have just started another. During the flight it will be dark so I can check for this strobe.Best regards,

Guest eduardotgjunior

NORMAN!!Why only you doesn`t have any problems with it??? And why you don`t answer my questions(all of them)? I need real answers not this short things that doesn`t mean nothing to me? For several time i flown the aircraft and I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS ISSUES(PROBLEMS)!! WE NEED RESOLUTIONS!! I never became so (un)satisfied with any add-on, like now! And way I am "less important" than those who where refunded, i work to earn my money and I don`t like to pay for something that doesn`t work has it should? If you "fly long haul flights", you had noticed from the outside that the cabin(not cockpit) lights it look like a strobe light! This is less important than the ifr flight(the aircraft keep bouncing, at its not stable has it should), and other things that you know! I am seeing that for you not patch is needed, the aircraft works very well!

Guest NormanB

Eduardo,Nowhere have I said you are less important. And no, I have not seen this strobing you speak of, nor have I ever had an issue with the ILS.You say I dont answer all of your questions - please then tell me which since I cant see what I have not answered! Bouncing? Which model since such action is the FDE. And yes, there are issues I want to see patched from the release version.

Guest Knikolaes

>NORMAN!!>Why only you doesn`t have any problems with it??? And why you>don`t answer my questions(all of them)? I need real answers>not this short things that doesn`t mean nothing to me? For>several time i flown the aircraft and I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE>WITH THIS ISSUES(PROBLEMS)!! WE NEED RESOLUTIONS!! I never>became so (un)satisfied with any add-on, like now! And way I>am "less important" than those who where refunded, i work to>earn my money and I don`t like to pay for something that>doesn`t work has it should? If you "fly long haul flights",>you had noticed from the outside that the cabin(not cockpit)>lights it look like a strobe light! This is less important>than the ifr flight(the aircraft keep bouncing, at its not>stable has it should), and other things that you know! I am>seeing that for you not patch is needed, the aircraft works>very well!He is not the "only one that does not have any problems with it". There are lots of folks out there that do not have any problems with it. The only reason that is not noticed on a support forum is that if someone does not have a problem, then there is no reason to post. What steps are you taking to start and perform the flight?Also on the "bouncing", there are actually two solutions for that. The first solution WAS to turn the "GENERAL" slider down to under 50 percent under realism settings. However . . . since the release, Pete Dawson released an FSUIPC module that repaired an innacuracy in high level wind correction. As it turns out, the plane was not at fault as it was actually the FSUIPC causing the issues with a handful of add-on planes. Make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed.If, after installing the latest version of FSUIPC, you still have "bobbing", then be sure to read the documentation, as it explains clearly how to properly set the CG so that your plane is registered in proper balance using the FMC. Having an incorrect CG is the biggest cause of the "bobbing" issue, because the plane is attempting to correct for a different angle of attack based on an improper loadout.On the strobe light effect, I'll have to run a flight this afternoon to take a look myself, but i never noticed this. However i have read in other product forums that lighting effects in FS can actually be highly effected by graphic card settings as well as internal FS settings. Which graphic card do you have? Do you see this effect in other FS add-on (not default) aircraft? What display settings do you have in FS?On the ILS issue, the CG stability can also effect an ILS capture. If your CG is incorrect, you'll have issues with the ILS. Also, int he FMC have you confirmed proper runway selection and confirmed the ILS frequency and OBS course setting in the radios? Even if the proper frequency is selected, an OBS setting that is even slightly off can have an effect on how aircraft intercept the ILS. I don't know why, but I do know it happens.That is more than likely why the team has not granted a refund, is that the issues you are mentioning are issues that either already have confirmed fixes or have been confirmed not to be fault of PSS.

Guest Knikolaes

>>There's issues with the T7? I must have missed them . . .>.>>>Chris,>>with all due respect this sort of comment will do nothing but>inflame people. There are some that are experiencing problems>that make their purchase unflyable. To this end PSS are>preparing a patch. Empathy, not arrogance is the way to keep>the peace.>>--qnh>Edit - He meant Scott ;)Sorry, I was just trying to compliment PSS, not insult others. I did make a post below that does emphasize that the issues being mentioned here there are indeed solutions for.

ChrisI know that throughout you have no problems with the first release and I also see Norman

Guest Knikolaes

>Chris>>I know that throughout you have no problems with the first>release and I also see Norman

Chris,Many thanks - a great reply and what I think this forum is all about [unlike some other threads around at the moment].Like you I see no show stoppers and have flown several long trips with my work-arounds with no problems. The FMC has also worked very well and not caused any problems.But have a look at the xwind performance for me - about 20 kts xwind component on TO or landing with the PSS default settings and see what happens. See also the "sliding" thread where we discussed it in detail.Off line for a day now - I shall be in a 777 for several hours but unfortunately down the back end around row 30!!!!Best WishesJohn R

Guest Knikolaes

Good luck on your trip.OH okay the sliding thing. Did you try the contact point fixes they had posted in that thread? They made a difference for me :-)Where are you flying (the real world part) from/to? I think my best experience was when Continental flew me first class for a flight attendant interview. They had filled the coach class, so my "space available" was in first class :-) I'll never forget that trip!!!

Chris,This was TXKF - EGKK; a red-eye flight unfortunately flown "cattle-class". {Never tried first class - lucky you!}. I have flown it several times in the PSS bird - a very easy route - straight across the pond to Cornwall and then direct to EGKK.Interesting - this time we step climbed to FL 410 - see the post on cabin altitude. Service ceiling is nothing to do with pressurisation - but I need to do some research and check my 777's performance before I can really comment.I will also look at the contact points when I crank up my FS 9 system - I am sure I have them in.John R

Guest Knikolaes

lucky me indeed. I had never experienced first class before, so when they asked me what i wanted for breakfast, i was like, "Uhm, what do you have?". The guy recommended a ham sandwich. "Okay", i said, thinking of -- well -- a ham sandwich.So then we take off and when we stabailze they start serving our orders (the asked the breakfast thing at the gate!), and I get a tray, with a white cloth covering it, with a huge moon over my hammy looking beast like Denny's serves, a clump of grapes, some toast, and my milk and juice were served in what looked like wine glasses!It was then that I realized part of why flying first class was so expensive . . . and to think it was "Space available" for an interview as a flight attendant.I did not get the position as I did not have a high enough credit rating (thank you, Republicans), but the trip was well worth the experience.If the contact points are indeed in your CFG and you are still having the control issues, I'll dive into my settigns and try to se what I may have that is different. I am pretty sure, though, that the contact points are the only mod I made to my CFG file.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.