Sign in to follow this  
Guest Keith G

777-200ER oscillation issue.

Guest Keith G

Hello,I love the 777-200ER and have had it for about 2 months now but I am wondering if there is a fix for the oscillation issue. At cruise speeds the 777 will oscilate quite a bit more then I believe the real-world triple 7 would (unless you want to make milk shakes when you fly). If there is a fix (uesr or otherwise) for this please let me know, otherwise it is a fine FS aircraft!Thanks,Keith

This performance glitch has been reported and discussed since Day 1 of the release. We all suppose it is one of the major fixes in the upcoming patch. You can find many discussions, and some possible temporary fixes (see Bob Scott's posts on the forum) that make it somewhat more flyable. Apparently not everyone sees this which is strange.Standby for the patch.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest Midnight LS1

Keith,PSS does not make a 777-200ER, this is what they make:777-200LR777-200LRF777-300ER

Guest Keith G

Sorry, I have the LR.

Guest Keith G

>This performance glitch has been reported and discussed since>Day 1 of the release. We all suppose it is one of the major>fixes in the upcoming patch. You can find many discussions,>and some possible temporary fixes (see Bob Scott's posts on>the forum) that make it somewhat more flyable. Apparently not>everyone sees this which is strange.>>Standby for the patch.Thanks Rick. I will keep an eye out for the patch and search the forums for temp fixes. I don't really fly the heavies much, I am mostly into GA but I love the 777-200. Honestly I find it easier on my system and more realistic in system function than most other jumbos out there. I do know how an FMS works as I fly a King Air B200, a Premier I and (soon) a Citation CJ1+ real world and I can say with confidince that the PSS 777 has a good balance between reality and functionality within FS9. It does not try to model the things that will not apply to FS9 yet misses few that do so all in all I am happy with it. I wish PSS would create a nice 737 (300 or 600 series) but I guess so many of those are out there it might not we worth it for them.Thanks again!Keith

Guest Keith G

Thanks I found it. Do you know if that fix is only for the 300? Bob does not mention the 200 in the fix to contact points. I assume they are different contact point settings??

Bob Scott has a long history of making PSS aircraft more flyable so whatever he says is probably what he means exactly.Edit - this is a support forum. Thanks.

Guest NormanB

Bob has done some good work in the past on some of the Airbus models.As Rick intimates, the contact points will differ.

Sorry to have mentioned competitors' products. Keith G says he does not fly heavies much so I was pointing out some others he might try.

>Thanks I found it. Do you know if that fix is only for the>300? Bob does not mention the 200 in the fix to contact>points. I assume they are different contact point settings?That's funny, I thought that the contact points where for the 200LR, and actually used them, by the way, they work :-lol

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.