Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Does anyone know if there's work being done in T7's soundpack?

Hi guys,It's been a while since the last time I posted here (months I think) so this might sound repetitive and I ask for pardon in advance; but I'd like to know whether there's any work being done to get better sounds for the triple seven? Although I like this aircraft and am a faithful PSS supporter despite previous quarrels, I am not very satisfied with some "glitches" which I've noticed with glideslope and terrain callouts. Other than these, I think there are many left-out cockpit sounds which help in immersive simulation, and I'd just like to know whether there are future plans to correct all of the above or if there's an outside job going on. If there is an outside job being done, will PSS endorse it and let us download it? Once again thanks for the pacienceBTW how are things with the patch? Please take your time to make it as perfect as possible. I'm in no hurry whatsoever :)Best Regards,Victor Lima

Guest NormanB

Victor,I've flown on a number of 777s pre 9/11 and had the fortune to sit up front on them all - one of them for a whole Atlantic crossing much to my wife's joy :)I remarked then and since that the 777 was pin droppingly quiet.The patch? We (the team) are working flat out to get the patch to our customers as soon as possible.

Guest dt1951

Thank you, thank you Norman!! Please get the sounds more like the real cockpit sounds. I like having the engines where they belong: aft and outboard of the cockpit, and under the wings. Not in the cockpit with me.

Hello Norman. I completely agree with you regarding quiet flight deck. I also had the pleasure of riding many times in the 777 jumpseat even after 9/11. All of them were transatlantic flights and I don;t recall sleeping at all ;) There's no place I'd rather be. But I do remember though that we can hear an ambient sound from the airconditioners and although I know the knobs and switches might not really make a sound, it might be better if they did in FS9. I know it kinda gets away form real as it gets theory, but this is one instance where I personally think it would be best if we did it a little different from real life. It is the other sounds that I'm more worried about though, such as adding takeoff callouts and working on the existent "landing" callouts. However, I know you guys won't work on that anymore and I'm pretty ok with that. I'd just like to know whether it's possible for there to be an outside job about it.Other than that, I remember writing a post once about the sounds you hear on the real thing which can't be reproduced in a sim. There's one part of the flight which I love and perhaps you'll agree with me: It's when the cockpit prep checklists are done, the doors close, you obtain push and start clearence. You call ground crew, they give you permission to pressurize hydraulic systems and when you do that suddenly the aircraft gets quieter. I can't explain it. I think it's got to do with the packs which stop working for engine start but that doesnt make any sense since that only happens when you're actually performing engine start. Some of the white noise in the background (which we even aren't aware of) just loses intensity and suddenly we beocme aware that everything's real quiet other than ATC chatter. It's as if the aircraft were getting ready for a dive, you know the deep breath before the plunge... And then the engines start and you can feel that more than hear it and all the fun begins! Anyway, sorry for long post but I just get carried away remembering the sweet jumpseat times. I'm pretty sure I wrote this before so sorry for redundancy.Anyway, keep up the great work and thanks for answers!Best Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Pilot53

If the switches dont make noise in real life, dont add noise in the sim, if packs or fans make noise in real life then they should make noise in the sim too. Small details make a big difference.

Switches don't make noise in real life. There are other discernible noises coming form the 777 cockpit albeit hardly noticeable. A couple switches do click though. But they are few. There is no way to make swithces and knobs sound realisitc on FS9. However, even though I'm a true adept of the "as real as it gets" class of simmers, I do wish they added some level of noise to knobs and switches. I kinda feel lonely out there at the gate with no noise at all prior to engine start...Best Regards,Victor Lima

It was talked about before I think, but here it goes, does anyone else, when disconnecting the Autopilot get the Airbus AP discon sound as well as the 777?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.