Sign in to follow this  
Guest simonmd

PSS, please answer my concerns

Guest simonmd

My posts keep being removed without PSS answering the question.They ahve accused me of 'smamming' because I keep reposting the same questions.PSS, if you stop hiding and censoring my posts and answer my questions there would be no need for me to keep reposting.Simon Dove

Guest NormanB

Simon, it looks like our posts crossed.We do not hide, and should you feel the need to email me heck I will even telephone you.Questions we will answer all day as long as they are on topic - ie support based.Thanks,

Guest Phoenix 1

How about ASKING The question ?

Guest simonmd

I have asked the question but it keeps being removed.OK, again, without reference to any other companies (although there are other posts on this forum who do but have not been removed).WHY, have you allowed people like myself to buy a product you know to be faulty? Surely at least some sort of warning message should be posted on the download page saying that this is an early version and may not work properly on all systems?Second question, was Just Flight informed that the 777 had major faults before they decided to publish on CD?Third and final question, WHEN, a date please, will I be able to fly my plane?Thank you for responding,Simon Dove

Guest NormanB

Simon,Whilst your definition is that the product is faulty, I would suggest that it is not. Perhaps we should beg to differ on the definition. Yes, it does contain a few small issues for certain users and these are being corrected by means of a patch. I would hope that you agree with me that we are trying our utmost to have these rectified.Just Flight were involved with the product as testers. They don't show on the credits as testers but as a company had access to every build that I sent out. As a company they must have been happy to publish what they considered a finished product.Whilst I would love to say to you "Simon, the patch will be released at 3pm tomorrow", I can't. We both know that if we missed that deadline, even by a minute, I would be fighting fire for a long time. The PSS team have been testing the patched elements non stop and have provided feedback to the relevant departments resulting in constant micro adjustments. Suffice to say we are close to what we hope is a successful conclusion which will satisfy our customers.Best regards,

Guest bigun

Simon,Jeez your posts are getting "long in tooth" !Either you have never purchased a FS add-0n or you are a child. Believing ANY FS add-on will not have a problem on ANY of the probably billions of combinations of hardware, software, and user capabilities is kind of silly IMHO.Why don't you just give it a break and let PSS get the patch out. Then, if there are still problems (software, not user error/ignorance), you can start enjoying yourself again and #### to your heart's content.

I rarely post in any forum but I have to say that George, out of all your posts, this is the most rude I have ever seen you...Simon, I think, has a point. Can you imagine buying a software program and as soon as you receive it, you just happen to be one of those that has issues with it and feel you weren't 100% happy with not being told there may be issues?Would you not feel a little aggrieved that you weren't pre-warned that it has some issues which are being worked on, to get resolved?I do appreciate it is an FS Addon as you say and a majority of these releases require patches but a small warning wouldn't go amiss just until the patched version is available.I personally have it and have only the small issues, that I work around...Just think what you said was slightly unfair...Best,Graham

Guest NormanB

Lets remember to be civil here guys.

Guest bigun

Hi Graham,Sorry if my post came across rude. That was NOT my intention. I totally agree that it is frustrating when an add-on simply won't work properly regardless of what you try. My only point is that when an issue is brought up by a poster, repeated posting of the same old "blah, blah, blah, my add-on doesn't work and I want my money back" stuff does no good. Problems have been acknowledged by the PSS team and a patch will be issued when completed. Hopefully that will correct the issues. Lets just wait and see.Again if I offended anyone, it was not my intention and I appologize if I did so.

Hi allHere is my two pennyworth on this topic.PSS reserve the right to bring out an add on when they think it is fit for human consumption. I on the other hand reserve the right to either buy it on day 1 or hold back and continually read these posts and buy when I consider it fit for my consumption, or not buy it at all. On a personal note I have bought many many products from PSS and have never been disappointed with any of them, as their reputation goes before them. I prefer to buy on day 1 and learn to fly the plane, and continue to read here for hints and tips until I understand the systems. By that time PSS have assessed whatever needs assessing and a wait for a patch to fix minor annoyances, like I will not loose any sleep over not having TCAS operational online, but I know it will be fixed. So for me I am happy with it, and I am currently flying CYYZ to CYVR in the T7, with little activity going on around me so got time to visit here and write this.Just attached a screenie to show the T7 rely fliesbest regardsJohn CallejaBAW 352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest simonmd

By George, "Either you have never purchased a FS add-0n or you are a child.">Hi Graham,>Sorry if my post came across rude. That was NOT my intention. You think that may have come accross as rude? You bet it did. I suggest you think before you type next time.For your info, I am 35 years old and have purchased MANY FS9 addons. These include PMDG 737 and 747, LDS 767, PSS Concorde and Captain Sim C130 and 707. Although they have all had a little problem here or there requiring a patch or three, NONE of these has anything like the numerous faults the T7 has. While I understand Norman's reasoning that he'd like to get all the problems fixed in one go, I still maintain this is unrealistic and unfair to people like me. No one cares weather a product is patched once or ten times. Lets just get some of the problems fixed so there are less unsatisfied customers out there.Simon

"unfair to people like you". Does that mean its fair to the rest of us or do you expect special consideration.I care if its patched ten times, and IMO it does indicate that you do not understand the implications of patching a complex piece of software and the amount of testing required to eliminate other effects which you will no doubt complain about if its done piecemeal. Lets have a little more patience. We know they are working on it.Ron

Ron Service