Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

For Those having "Bobbing" issues still . . .

Greetings, Everyone.Having been still reading a lot of posts on "bobbing" issues, i thought I would post a few steps to attempt to eliminate the effect from your sim.Shortly after initial release, PSS was kind enough to "sticky" my post about adjusting the "general" slider down in your aircraft realism settings which temporarily fixed the issue. However it was then found that an anomaly in FSUIPC was actually one of the 2 main causes of the bobbing issue. Since then, a release of a corrected FSUIPC module correct a wind issue that was causing not only PSS, but the Feelthere 737 among other aircraft add-ons to react badly while in flight.Thus you definitely want to make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed. Note, you do NOT have to be a registered user of FSUIPC for the fixed module to work and correct the wind issue.The second and possibly even bigger solution is to double check your loadouts. Assure you have the proper CG in the FMC. An improper CG setting will cause the flight computer to attempt to correct for an incorrect Center of Gravity (hence "CG"). What this does, in effect, is force the autoflight systems and the flight director to account for an improper attitude setting in the trims. It is amazing how much a small entry in the CDU can make for the flying of today's modern airliners - especially in FS.Also, a word on ILS capture. Two words actually. First, again, the FSUIPC issue made corrections and flight in sim a bit hard until the latest release. I had the same issues with ILS, but updating FSUIPC fixed the issue. Second, be absolutely certain to double check the computer for your runway information. Make sure not only the proper runway is selected, but double check with your charts (or the FS map) for the runway's proper ILS frequency AND the OBS course. BOTH are very important. The frequency is obviously important for obvious reasons. The OBS course communicates with the aircraft to give an idea the rate of turn and expected heading to fly down the ILS for a smoother capture. Now I do not know if this is the case in real life, but I know in the sim - with a number of add-ons -- proper setting of the ILS course in the radios can make or break a proper ILS capture. I have found this to be especially true with the PSS Airbus series, and have also found it to be true with the T7 here as well.Hope this helps.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have done all that and the 777 still "bobbles". I think the patch is the only real solution.And, what version of FSUIPC are you referring to -- I have 3.53 but there is also a beta version available at Pete Dowson's website (via the forum).

I also have 3.53 and have the zig zag on ILS with the proper settings for the ILS, have not tryed the 300ER on cuise, but the 200LR is rock solid.

hmm. Aye 3.53 is what I was referring to.Currently i have:FSUIPC 3.53Realism sliders to maxDouble checking CG information and FMC programmingHave NOT tweaked FS9 CFG at all for any settings except Max vertex level (currently at 22) and Pan rate (currently at 800)I will dig deeper into my system and see if there are other settings I may have done that helped here.