Sign in to follow this  
Guest brianlr

koala australian repaint for PSS T7

Guest brianlr

Hi everyone,koala australian holidays livery for the PSS 777-200LRIf there is anyone interested in a new livery for the T7, I have just completed a fictional charter airline for both the PSS T7 and the Level D 767.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142074.jpgThe colours of this airline feature the australian sporting colours (eucalypt green of the Australian native bush and a golden slash representing the sands of the vast Australian beaches) as well as the red white and blue of the national flag. I hope you enjoy it! The file should be available for download from the user edits page in the support section at PSS within a couple of days. Cheers,Brian

Guest NormanB

Brian / all >The file should be available for download from the user edits>page in the support section at PSS within a couple of days. Uploaded.

Guest brianlr

Thanks NormanHowever I am a little frustrated when I go to the user edits section - no one can see what any of the repaints look like until they download them and often they then have to be installed before they can be seen.Surely it would not take too much programming or time to set the area up to display a small jpg so that if one is supplied by the repaint artist, viewers can see the livery before they decide if it is worth downloading or not? I think this would be most helpful to those who are exploring the user edits area, and would encourage painters who would otherwise rather do repaints for aircraft which can be display in places like flightsim.com or avsim.comA second point: surely permitting the repaints for PSS aircraft to be uploaded to places like the above-mentioned would be great advertising for PSS aircraft? I notice that for repaints I have done of other company products, that flightsim.com provides links in my comments to the company website (eg Level-D, PMDG). Finally: I wait very patiently for the patch for the T7!I would be most interested in your comments.Regards,Brian

Guest NormanB

Brian,In regards to your first point it is in fact high on my agenda once the T7 is patched. I had a lot of it already done locally but that went the way of the cookoo with my systems failure last week.The reasoning behind the request to limit uploads here is simple. A customer has no need to go searching across a number of file libraries to find a given repaint. Whilst your library of choice may be flightsim, somebody else may prefer Simflight, Surclaro or AVSIM, to name just a few.

Guest brianlr

Thanks NormanI am glad to hear that the user edits page is to be upgraded ... I am certain that will be good news to repainters and to those who wish to download.However, surely the benefit of having PSS liveries on other sites as well would be the resulting free advertising for PSS aircraft. This benefit may be more significant than ensuring all repaints are on one site - most repainters would surely upload both to PSS and the site of their choice? I know that is what I would be doing. Then simmers who regularly visit those large flight sim sites who never visit PSS would be seeing first hand the range of options that are available for your excellent aircraft and possibly be motivated to purchase them?There are hundreds of people who have downloaded each of my Eaglesoft and Level-D repaints - who knows, some of them may not have been owners until they saw a livery that they wanted to fly!Might be food for thought ...?!Regards,Brian

Guest brianlr

Does anyone else have thoughts on this suggestion (my previous posting)?Regards,Brian

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.