Sign in to follow this  
Guest IFC2

PSS T7, GE-90 Sound Lovers.

Guest IFC2

Hi Gang.I have been in contact over the last few weeks with a guy called Christoffer Petersen, some of you may be aware of his marvellous work, some not, but, he has just completed his latest product called "New! 777-GE-90 " The real deal " Version 2" this can be found here on Avsim, if you want it today, then just look through the Latest Files, or, if it's a couple of days later from reading this, then search under "Christoffer Petersen" and you will see this sound set, along with all of the other wonderful sound sets he has created for us all to enjoy, if you use the search as stated above, the sound set in question will be the 8Th one down from the top, or, if you like, the 3RD one up from the bottom, titled "777_ge-90_the_real_deal_v.2.zip"I hope that you like them as much as I do, and, it would be nice if some of you took a few minutes to e-mail Christoffer to say "Thank You" for taking the time to make this for us all to enjoy, for Free.remember that short video file showing the Continental 2000 getting ready to depart, with the fantastic spool up sound, well, this IS about as close as you can get to it, in my humble opinion that is.enjoy,Steve.

Guest IFC2

137 Views, and no one has tried them yet !well, what do you think guy's, have you downloaded it to try it out.I like the sound file, I think it's a huge improvement.

Guest brianlr

Hi everyoneYes a huge improvement on the original sounds - but I would like to retain the male pilot's voice - any suggestions as to how I could do that?Brian

I have tried them too and overall they are great.I have one question, though. The spool up "growl"seems to persist into cruise and high N1 as a constant sound over the baseline engine sounds, and I am not sure that is realistic. I would think it would fade as speed increases and N1 stabilizes. That seems to be what I have experienced. With this sound set it seems to only go away when the engines are winding down to idle to descend.As well, there seems to be an inconstancy of pitch and sound variation at cruise that is present at constant N1. Again at cruise I expect to hear a constant pitch not a varying one. It seems difficult to put together repetitive sound waves and make them sound constant, but PSS seems to do it with their own version. But it lacks the neat growl of the engines.Anyone caring to comment, I love to hear someone else'e perception.Greg

Greg Clark

For fun, I went and tried all of the GE 90 soundfiles on AVSIM. I found three in number. The amazing thing is how different each one sounds.I think if the high pitched overtone on the engines could be toned down a bit that would be preferable. I cannot find a way to do that.Norman, are the sounds with the PSS 777 from the FS 2002 version? That is are they modeling the GE 90 engines or older engines? That would be interesting to know.Greg

Greg Clark

Guest Pilot53

I thought the pss engine sounds were actually ver realistic, seemed very close to what ive heard on videos.

I don't think the PSS Base sounds capture the growl of the GE 90. They are signed by Mike Hambly I thouhgt he does not work for PSS any more.Greg

Greg Clark

Guest NormanB

>They are signed by Mike Hambly I thouhgt he does not work>for PSS any more.Don't know what gave you that idea Greg!

I really thought I remembered a long way back around when Airbus 330/340 was released there was an announcement that he was leaving PSS, which would be a loss because his sound packages were so good.Well good to hear he is still contributing.I hear that growl in his sound package, wish I knew how tweak things to make it a little more apparent. I would like to hear it more from the cockpit in particular. Its a bit overdone in some of the freeware sets.Greg

Greg Clark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.