Sign in to follow this  
Guest iosonogio

buying the final PSS 777

Guest iosonogio

Hello !!I've tried the PSS 777 at my friends house! It's beautiful!We found those few "bugs" anyway which have already been reported on these forum, and also I've read it's gonna be a patch to fix them.I mainly refer to:- Oscillation at cruise- no chance of saving panel status (this is very bad expecially on long flights, but also on shorts haul)- some others I've seen listedI would like to buy the 777, but I would like to buy the patched version.So my question is: do you have any date which the patched version is planned to be released on ?thank you and please keep up the good work, the 777 is a fantastic plane!

Guest Trans_601

This has been asked a million times - as Norman says, "when it's ready it's ready".Just gotta be patient, mate.

We'd all like to know, but in the meantime, I still enjoy flying the T7, and we'll all be notified when the patch is available.Ron

Ron Service

Guest iosonogio

was not asking the exact date like June 15th...I just guessed there were some patch release period like summer 2006, next winter, first quarter of 2007, 2008.... if that applies... if it doesnt, thats a pitythank you

Guest MOKE

I dont know where this question should be posted but oh well, anyway in the pss 777 how do you get the nav to follow waypoints

Guest bgahan

Hi Everyone,Just bought the T7 and saw this email about a possible upcoming patch. Just wanted to confirm the current version is 1.0, correct?Thank you,Brian

Guest mikeernie

Really? Do they also come with any human instruction as well? Or do all the pilots flying modern Boeings have to read the manual until they are at the point where they just get in the plane and fly it?

Guest NormanB

>Really? Do they also come with any human instruction as well?>Or do all the pilots flying modern Boeings have to read the>manual until they are at the point where they just get in the>plane and fly it?Firstly please dont forget to sign your posts as per our guidelines - we try to have a friendly community here and calling someone "XYZ123" doesn't do it for me ;)Opher's post was quite correct - the manual and tutorial both explain - in detail - how to operate features such as VNAV. PSS simply doesn't have the resources like Boeing or the Airlines to offer the human interaction of coming around to your house and showing you how to fly the aircraft. In deferrence to the cost we offer the next best thing - the tutorial. Follow the tutorial and you will find it all becomes apparent.

Guest mikeernie

Pardon me sir,for not signing my post....here is my issue, as a paying customer I don't feel like it's too much to ask for a small bit of advice on occasion, even if it is "in the manual"....my feeling is that these forums are here for that purpose....If I'm wrong about that then please inform me of such....I'll tell you one thing that "doesn't do it for me" and that is someone wasting mine and others time with another "it's in the manual" post...if that's all someone has to say then why bother?I don't normally post on "support" forums because it irks me to have paid for a product, have an issue, find the "support" link, post a question, only to get "read the manual"....I'm not trying to start trouble or be unfriendly here, just stating my opinion....I'd like to see some of these froums show as much concern for the "read the manual" posts as they show for signing them...Rick Ryan

Rick,I can understand the guys at PSS getting frustrated

Hello,you wrote, "anyway in the pss 777 how do you get the nav to followwaypoints". Sorry if I was less than helpful. Till you have the time to peruse the tutorial, here is a shortcut to auto-navigation:a. Load a proper route into the FMC and execute it.b. After takeoff at some point, while on a converging heading to the current leg, displayed on ND, engage the autopilot, then LNAV. That should do it in the lateral plane. VNAV and LNAV can be primed at any powered phase, even on the ground on this particular aircraft, before AP engagement.HTH

Guest mikeernie

John, thank you for your reply and your offer to help...as of this moment I don't have an issue that I can't solve on my own, but there have been times that I have had and those are the times I find that getting a "read the manual" reply is very frustrating. I really fail to understand the motivation behind posting a reply of that nature. It solves nothing and helps no one, so my feeling is why waste my time with that? For the most part people are quite helpful, people such as yourself for example. In my opinion it would be great to add a section in the forum rules that discourages "read the manul" type replies. As I'm sure you are aware, no one wants to hear that when they are just short of taking a baseball bat to their PC....thanks again.

Guest iosonogio

well this is all very interesting, but does it have anything to do with the topic of this thread ?:-hmmm

Guest mikeernie

Dear hmmm...it's a discussion relating to the "read the manual" post...that in itself probably had as much to do with this thread as my reaction to it....case closed for me...Rick Ryan

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.