Sign in to follow this  
Guest dnomyar

Disappointed

Guest dnomyar

I have just had to abandon a flight from LSZH to EGKK because the 777 is unflyable. Here is what happened.I started FS as recommended in default cessna mode. Having completed the pre-flights, and requested push-back I noticed that the lights were not working. No beacon, and no taxy light. Needless to say at the end of runway 28 there were no strobes or landing lights either.The take-off was smooth, but shortly thereafter the indicated airspeed dropped to almost zero and I got a lowspeed warning. In fact the throttles were almost wide open, and shortly after this the speed increased and now I have an overspeed warning as well. VNAV would not continue the climb, neither would FLCH, so I have to go with v/s. I took off the auto-throttle, and the speed started to fall off, even though indicated still showed +/- zero. The overspeed warning disappeared, so I tried to reinstated the auto-throttle and vnav. Back came the overspeed, now at Mach 0.92.The radio panel would not tune frequencies in either VHF 1 or 2. I could also not enter NDB frquency via the NAV/RAD page.There being no point in carrying on, I closed everything down, and decided to write this.Will the much awaited patch solve any of these problems? Or do I keep this aeroplane in the hangar, and fly the 737, 767, and 747 instead?Dnomyar

Hi DnomyarI can tell from your post that you were disappointed with what happened, but it happens. Although you said you started with the default Cessna, that is only part of it. Would you try this please as it has solved similar situations like yours many times.1. Start with default Cessna with engines running and make sure that the master avionics switch is on.2. Save this as the default flight and make sure that the box is ticked which says..make this the default flight.3. Shut down flight sim and restart it.4. Then you can choose whatever plane you want from the "create a flight" window every time you start flightsim from then on.As I understand it from the gurus on this site flightsim has already loaded some data by the time you have reached the create a flight window so you need to have the cessna as stated above and saved as default flight with engines running and master avionics on as flightsim boots up.When you have done this, if you have further problems then continue to post as then people can help you knowing that you have done all the basic set up ok.The only other thing to check is, that if you have a registered version of fsuipc, to make sure that you check the box in the technical tab about infinite battery life. If yours is not registered make sure you start the engines as soon as possible and get the generators online as soon as possible in case your batteries drain too early.regardsJohn CallejaBAW 352.

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest dnomyar

Hello John, Thanks for your reply.1. Does the engine have to be running? I thought I read somewhere it had to be off.2. This is done.I have purchased FSUIPC. I always start with a cold and dark, so battery shouldn't be a problem should it?Having said that, even though I have specified cold and dark as my start option my overhead panel has the battery on, all hydraulic pumps on, and all fuel pumps on. I had assumed that it would start up without any of these on and no battery running.Is there anyway I can actually save a panel configuration, or is the only way via the start-up box? This is the second time today I have tried to fly with this aeroplane, but it just doesnt seem worth the bother.

Hi againWell from a self help point of view I can only tell you what I do, and I have no real problems flying the T7 apart from well recognised minor annoyances that PSS are aware of. I do not know the ins and outs of what should be on and what should be off, I have just explained what works for me and I fly the T7 regularly. So it may be worth a shot to follow what I wrote in my first reply. I do not know of a way to save the panel configurtation between flights. The dead battery glitch is well known from previous planes, and it is highly recommended to click the infinite battery in fsuipc technical tab irrespective of what your start up is, because from cold and dark, and the time it takes to programme the fmc you might have dead batteries before you start the engine? can't remember the exact reasons for it. so give it a shot, what I explained in my first post works for me and it might work for you. try it and report backregardsJohn CallejaBAW 352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hello Dnomyar,Here's what I do which works perfectly for me for the 772LR.Start with the default flight which is the Cessna 172 with everything running on the runway at Seattle Tacoma. You can find this flight, by the way, from the OTHER option in my flights (or myflts?) in the SELECT a flight in FS2004 - entitled "default" or "default flight" (I am not in front of my PC...)Take the Cessna to an airport and gate of your choosing from WORLD-GO TO AIRPORT in FS2004 menu.Switch to the PSS 777 - so far, evertying is still on.Turn off all switches on the 777.From the setup menu of PSS 777, select option not to change anything.Save flight and exit.This should work. Don't forget that all switches are ON on the Cessna default when you switch to the 777 and THEN you turn the 777's switches off.Therefore, once you save the 777 flight, give it a name like 777 COLD AND DARK and load THIS FLIGHT (not the default Cessna) from your "select a flight" list. But make sure that when you load FS2004, that you see the default Cessna flight in the CREATE A FLIGHT screen.John

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.