Sign in to follow this  
tigerred53

Another landing issue...

Hello!I recently posted on this forum about a problem I had regarding my landing speed with the PSS 777... It was too fast. I recently fixed this problem and now I am able to successfully land the airplane. But once the wheels touch the runway, the plane totally loses control. It begins to swerve hard to the left or right and usually ends up off the runway. Rember that I'm traveling at 187IAS and so at this point, the simulator turns into an action movie. I figured out that the problem had to do with the plane's alignment with the runway. To properly align itself, the plane makes small adjustments, banking left an right ever so slightly before it lands. So let's say that I just landed and the plane turned left slightly. Once it lands, the plane continues to turn left. Of course, the PSS 777 has been designed to support users with joysticks that do not turn the front wheels, so turing the stick moves the wheels when they are on the ground. Therefore, when the plane turns left and continues to do so even once it touches down, the wheels turn left and the plane goes off the runway. Is there any way to disable the plane's wheels from turning upon moving the stick left or right? My joystick has a twist function itself, so I don't need to tilt the stick left or right to turn the wheels.If not, can this function be included with the patch?Thanks, Sanjeev Mundluru

Sanjeev,it appears, although difficult to tell, that you might not be using proper landing technique. I suggest a review of the manuals for correct approach and landing technique, maximum landing weight, correct speeds and configuration (187 is way off), and piloting technique. Should alleviate some. When I flew it a very long time ago, exhibited yaw excursions after touchdown.>Hello!>I recently posted on this forum about a problem I had>regarding my landing speed with the PSS 777... It was too>fast. I recently fixed this problem and now I am able to>successfully land the airplane. But once the wheels touch the>runway, the plane totally loses control. It begins to swerve>hard to the left or right and usually ends up off the runway. >Rember that I'm traveling at 187IAS and so at this point, the>simulator turns into an action movie. I figured out that the>problem had to do with the plane's alignment with the runway. >To properly align itself, the plane makes small adjustments,>banking left an right ever so slightly before it lands. So>let's say that I just landed and the plane turned left>slightly. Once it lands, the plane continues to turn left. >Of course, the PSS 777 has been designed to support users with>joysticks that do not turn the front wheels, so turing the>stick moves the wheels when they are on the ground. >Therefore, when the plane turns left and continues to do so>even once it touches down, the wheels turn left and the plane>goes off the runway. Is there any way to disable the plane's>wheels from turning upon moving the stick left or right? My>joystick has a twist function itself, so I don't need to tilt>the stick left or right to turn the wheels.>If not, can this function be included with the patch?>>Thanks, >Sanjeev Mundluru

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.