Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

FMC fix

Guest Pilot53

Is it possible to enter a fix into the fmc of SFO234/12, so a distance from a waypoint to a radial can be tracked?______________________________Mike Iacovetta

Guest NormanB

Yes Mike. This is covered in detail in the manual.Short answer is enter it just like you did above.

Guest Pilot53

I fried it but it didnt seem to work, I have to take a look into the manual. Thats a good thing if I have to double check, I always like it when you guys stump me. :)___________________________________________Mike Iacovetta

Guest ClearedDirect

My Fix button does not seem to be active on the FMC.I also looked within the FMC manual but did not see this addressed.I will look again. If someone has the short answer that would be great!Thanks,Gene

Guest Pilot53

Yeah its a shame pss left this out, I wish they would consider adding this to the patch.___________Mike Iacovetta

Guest NormanB

Mike,Phoenix1 previously said that features that were never planned to be in the release wont make it in this patch.THAT SAID, lets say *a feature* common to both the 777 and 757 makes it into the 757 then its possible that the same feature could be retro fitted to the 777 some time down the line.Please dont ask will it be x or y since the above is purely conjecture on my part.

Guest FlyinJ

Gene,Make the entry in the LEGS page. For instance, if your LEGS page lists SFO then PYE then FOT, you can enter PYE280/15 in the scratch pad and then press the Line Select Key next to FOT to insert a waypoint (located on the 280 deg radial 15 miles from PYE) between PYE and FOT. Hope this helps.Jeff

Guest ClearedDirect

Jeff,Cool. That will work. I am just used to using the FIX function on others, but this is a workaround I hadn't thought of.Thank you for your help.Gene

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.