Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordius

My way of not shooting off the runway

Guest Gordius

Without wishing to get into a discussion regarding the whys and wherefores of the fact that my T7 steers off the side of the runway quite often when I land here is what I have done to help get around it.Within the T7 in the setup panel I have set CTRL+X for the autopilot disengage bar and CTRL+C for toggle A/T Arm. Next I went to FSUIPC (registered) and assigned buttons on my yoke as aircraft specific for CTRL+X, another CTRL+C and a third which when I press it I get CTRL+C and when I release it I get CTRL+X. So, when landing I can disengage the autopilot + autothrottle at the same time for a manual landing, when I land in whatever manner I can quickly and very easily disengage autothrottle and set the engines in reverse with no problem and so on. In other words because there are two things I want to work around easily and I have a few spare buttons.....I do not have rudder pefals but I have a joystick as well as my yoke that gets used for verious things. One button on that I have assigned within MSFS for "Ailerons & Rudder (center)".My stick is used for rudder / ground steering so at the very least at touchdown I quickly and very easily disable the autopilot and autothrottle, hold down F2 to reverse and steer with the joystick keeping my thumb on the "Ailerons & Rudder (center)" button. Reading it back here and now it sounds like a mad panic to press a pile of buttons and F2 but it isn't I promise and all happens within a second or so.Andrew Brownhttp://www.crazypilots.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/192029.png

Guest Midnight LS1

While that may work, hopefully the patch will surely be available around middle of March, there won't be the need to do this.I hope it can do the same thing PMDG had done to the 747, clip to ILS. It feels so real that landing at Kai Tak it burns rubber sideways while staying on the runway with directional control via the rudder.

Guest iosonogio

>While that may work, hopefully the patch will surely be>available around middle of March, there won't be the need to>do this.>>I hope it can do the same thing PMDG had done to the 747, clip>to ILS. It feels so real that landing at Kai Tak it burns>rubber sideways while staying on the runway with directional>control via the rudder.how do you know about the patch coming out on middle March ?thanksiosonogio

Guest Midnight LS1

>>how do you know about the patch coming out on middle March ?>>thanks>iosonogioPSS said its very doable to have the patch out middle to end of Feb so I except it in march.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.