Sign in to follow this  

pause at TOP OF DESCENT

How do I disable the pause at TOD? I was having a nice flight today to KDFW with the 777 and due to weather or whatever the TOD was moving around and kept pausing the sim. I had to keep un-pausing to get past the waypoint. My cat who sometimes 'helps' me with keypresses found it entertaining to see my hand going back and forth to the the keyboard.Thanks for any help. In the near future I think I will have tropical fish here in my flight deck.Best RegardsRick

Guest Phoenix5

Rick,In the set up options (shift + 8) you can unselect pause ToD.regards

Guest Midnight LS1

I have a question about TOD, when do I set the ALT to the selected altitude when approaching the TOD?I'm thinking if you set it before approaching TOD, it will remain the crusing alt until TOD has been reached then it will descend to the selected altitude correct?I set it and leave it without clicking the center button which will force the AP to go to the new altitude right?

Guest Phoenix5

Chris,I set my decent alt about 40 nm from the TOD.Just dial it up, and the plane will descend at the proper time.

I have it selected and i cannot get it to pause. How do i get it to pause. ThanksTodd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Todd,Steven can correct me as I am not at my FS9 system at the moment, but I believe that the purpose of the "Pause" system is to ensure that you have remembered to set up the new altitude - if you have already changed the MCP Alt, there is no need for the pause and the FMC will ensure that the descent starts at the correct time. So if you need to pause {having coffee / beer / sleep during a long cruise} do not reset the MCP Alt.John Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.