Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

EEC

Guest Pilot53

I was flying the 777 around for some pattern work today and noticed that the eec doesnt seem to make a difference when turned off?

Guest Midnight LS1

I don't think it's modeled into the system.

Guest Pilot53

Thats really a shame if its true, it seems like theres more not modeled than modeled. And if the answer to this question is going to be about the ms skd then dont bother answering. I'd rather not have this plane compatible with fsx, and be able to enjoy it fully now.

Guest NormanB

Mike,It depends on which element you mean. EEC has a number of roles. Primarily the EEC alternates ignitors for successive engine ground starts. Both ignitors are always used for in-flight starts. This is modelled.Engine damage however isnt something that Microsoft caters for so therefore its secondary role and the setting of power based off of N1/EPR (switch dependant) isn't anything we set out to model. Thats got nothing to do with SDKs.

Guest Not 40W Again

Norman, I hope the highly skilled engineers who designed the EEC are not reading this forum or you are in for some serious hate mail!! ;-) To suggest the primary role of the EEC is to manage the ignitors would have them crying into their coffee. Until recently lowly pilots were allowed to decide which ignitors to use at what stage of flight! I do however quite agree that to try to model the EEC's many and complex decisions within FS would be impossible. On a final note the setting of power based on N1/EPR is the back up mode when the EEC's aren't working or are switched off. For a brief look at what EEC's can do this isn't bad. http://www.tttech.com/customers/docs/honey...ne-Controls.pdf Andy:9

Guest NormanB

Andy,Im just a lowly Airbus simmer :9Blame the primary bit on my searching of google - granted nowhere near the detail available in that doc!

Guest Midnight LS1

>Andy,>>Im just a lowly Airbus simmer :9>>Blame the primary bit on my searching of google - granted>nowhere near the detail available in that doc!This calls for a redesign of the EEC }( If it aint Boeing, I'm not going! :-xxrotflmao

Guest NormanB

>This calls for a redesign of the EEC }( Ours or the original? :(

Guest Midnight LS1

>>This calls for a redesign of the EEC }( >>Ours or the original? :(the PSS 777 EEC controls ;-)

Guest Pilot53

Soo... Any chance of any new EEC features with the patch that is supposedly coming soon...

Guest NormanB

Mike,I think you must have missed the point earlier in the banter between Chris and I.Short answer is no.

Guest Pilot53

I got the point, I just couldnt resist, you know me. ;-)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.