Sign in to follow this  
qnh

A date in the My Files Section

Can you please put a date in the My Files section of the PSS website? I don't have the time to wade through the million and one posts here and would like to be able to see at a glance whether or not the installers for the 777 have been updated.--qnh

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest Phoenix5

Hello QNH ??I can assure you you will be able to see clearly the day the patch is released. A sticky message will be at the top of this page, along with a message on the PSS website and most likely at AVSIM.com as well.regards

>Hello QNH ??Yes that's right, you may call me Q.>I can assure you you will be able to see clearly the day the>patch is released. A sticky message will be at the top of>this page, along with a message on the PSS website and most>likely at AVSIM.com as well.>>regardsAll I see on PSS site is the 757, can I assume that the patched 777 will take precedence on the site? regards,--qnh

Scott

Guest NormanB

Scott,I dont know if you ever met Steve but he is one big teddy bear and doesnt live too far from you so please - lets see a real name ;)The 777 patch is our priority and yes, you will know. The other side will be that the version number will change so the base installer will tell you a newer version is available should you miss the message.

lets see a real name ;)Norman,With all due respect, your "rules" specify'As a common courtesy to other, please sign your messages. 'I did sign my message, I used my pseudonym. I might also point out that nowhere in the license agreement that I purchased from PSS was it mentioned that I had to sign my posts in a support forum. If PSS would like to change their license then I am open for re-negotiation.Now I have no problem with an online community but if I wish to retain my anonymity then that is my choice, not yours or any support team. My apologies for venting on you specifically but you stepped up to the plate as our American friends would say.>The other side will be that the version number will change so the>base installer will tell you a newer version is available>should you miss the message.thank you - that is all I was asking for--qnh

Scott

Guest Gordius

* As a common courtesy to other, please sign your messages. We are part of a community and names make things much easier and more friendly. Note that bit that says "NAMES MAKE THINGS EASIER" not "NICKMAMES MAKE THINGS EASIER"Andrew Brownhttp://www.crazypilots.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/192029.png

Guest NormanB

Scott,Without getting pedantic, I prefer the term guidelines. Rules I find is too strong a term.This forum as mentioned is a primary means of support but is also used by people prior to purchasing. With that in mind any license agreement wouldn't and doesnt apply to forum posts. The whole idea behind names (not nicknames) is to make things more open, approachable. It's the same reason I don't have a Phoenix number but use my real name.On the flip side I appreicate your feedback based on what I know of you. Would a date / version number make things easier do you think, especially given the nature of our delivery method - ie the base installer doesnt have to change, just the data files.

Thanks Norman,Yes I think a date or version number, or perhaps both, in the My Files area would reduce the traffic here for those that just want to know if it has been updated and don't wish to become involved in the banter in this forum.Regards--qnh

Scott

Thanks Andrew,I appreciate your feedback. My post was directed to Norman, not you, my apologies if you are offended.Kind Regards,--qnh

Scott

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.