Sign in to follow this  
Guest glt106

Fuel Imbalance / Fuel logic problem

Guest glt106

Hi folks, One question, How can it be that the n

Guest Phoenix5

Hi Patrick,The only fuel imbalance I have seen was with the tanks associated with engine 1, due to the APU taking the fuel.A few minutes with cross feed rectified the situation. I have not tried shutting the engines down in flight but I will with my next long haul, and see what happens.Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Guest glt106

Oh Norman you're right! The APU!I never switched it off....shame on me! But still the engines dont shut down when switching the pumps off and still they're using fuel they actually can't get...normally! ;)I'll see what happens with the APU off now... :))bat95a.png

Guest Phoenix5

Patrick,I am happy to let Norman take the credit for this one, but if you ever get us mixed up again, the easy way to remember who is who... I am the good looking one. :-) regards,

Guest Steve Keating

>Oh Norman you're right! The APU!>I never switched it off....shame on me! >But still the engines dont shut down when switching the pumps>off and still they're using fuel they actually can't>get...normally! ;)Switching the electric driven boost pumps off(situated inside the fuel tanks and producing approx 25-35 psi.) should not cause an engine flame out, the aeroplane would never be certified (total loss of electrical power?) if it did.The Main Engine Control unit or the Fuel Control Unit, depending on the engine manufacturer, contains two egine driven pumps, a medium pressure, approx 160psi, and a high pressure, approx 2000psi, as long as the engine is turning these will supply positive feed to the engines by sucking the fuel out of the tanks. There are probably altitude and performance restrictions in the event of a loss of boost pumps but as I'm not familiar with the T7 or the GE90 I can't quote figures or procedures.Anyway from what you say about the engine continuing to run it sounds like PSS got it right again.Steve

Guest glt106

I'm Sorry for the mixed Name thing ;)Seems if youre right didnt thought of the low/high pressure engine driven pumps!So it seems i have to should follow the procedures, switch of the apu and be glad PSS did such a great Aircraft :) :) bat95a.png[/url

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.