Sign in to follow this  
Guest BA6844

Great 777

Hi there all, Firstly I would just like to say how great this 777 package is, it really captures the essence of this mega twin and rightly deserves to be acnowledged. The panel graphics are actually the best I have ever seen and I own most other addons. The visual models are also excellent and have the right level of detailing [not to much so as to distroy performance]. As for the FDE, well that is going to be replaced so the errors there [taxi power, pitch problems, youve herd them all!] I am sure will be fixed. There is only one little thing that ruins the visual model however and that is the engine pylons. It is a very small thing in many respects but one I feel could be fixed easily and would make the visuals complete. The actual problem [more of a mismatch actually] is that the pylons appear to be the short ones for the PW engines which do not extend along the top of the engines. As we all know, on the GE series engines on a triple, the Pylon extends much further forward and forms a little hump [Just look at any picture on airliners] If this problem were corrected it would make the visual model perfect. I know its a small thing but hey, is this not what simulation accuracy is about!!Fondest regards,Jamie Whiting

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You too? :)Pylons is one of two things that would have put the basic visuals of this, PSS' best model to date over the top. Sadly, detailed exteriors does not seem to be that much of a priority, this despite the obvious talent to do otherwise.Hope that does not sound greedy considering Mr Waterfield actually accomodated me personally by painstakingly listening to me and sloping the T7 roof (I'll never forget that :) - thank you). Just a mild regret that PSS models never seem to be as detailed (time constraints?) and perfect as they could be.I greatly enjoy my LR anyway and look forward to see what the repaired systems and fde are like. I've fallen in love with longhauling and spend my weekends traversing the planet in one big ship or other - it's nice up there :)regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256