Sign in to follow this  
Guest RoarT

Own waypoints?

Guest RoarT

Possible to create own waypoints during flight, such as place/bearing/distance?thank'sRoar A. N.

Guest dt1951

Yes it is. The manual expains the way to do those.

Guest RoarT

In the FMC manual? I can't seem to find anything.Roar

Guest dt1951

Roar, to add new waypoints to your flight plan, simply add the waypoint(s) to the "FLT/PLN" page by using the LSK next to position where you want it/them to go. You will have to delete the discontinuity created. But it is a simple procedure to add waypoints.

Guest dt1951

Darn, was thinking of the PSS AirbusPro package. Sorry about that, am at work. Go to the LEGS page and add the waypoint(s) using the same procedure as above.

Guest dt1951

Place-bearing-distance is "BAE125/50". This is the Badger VOR, Radial 125 and 50 miles.

Guest blackswan

hi,In the PMDG 744 it is possible to enter values like NEGRA230/12.6. No decimals allowed in the real or PSS 777?thx,tobi

Guest RoarT

Decimals will be possible to use with the nest service pack.Roar

Guest Victor Sussman

Oh -- another one too -- the 777 supports 'along the track' waypoinst. I didn't see it mentioned in the manual (I might have missed it :(), but it is there.For example, if you are flying along and you have a route programmed and you want a waypoint 5 nm before the Calgary VOR (YYC), you type YYC/-5 and press the LSK next to YYC -- it will insert a waypoint in. Likewise, if you want one after the waypoint, you could type YYC/+5 and do the same thing.This is very useful when, for instance, ATC wants you to descend and cross at a specific altitude and distance from a waypoint on your route. (e.g. "Air Canada 123, descend and maintain 6000 cross 10,000 at 6 DME from the Buffalo VOR")The main types that I know of that are supported are:PBDPBPBVORINTNDBAlong the TrackDid I miss any? Are there any goodies buried in there that might not have been in the documents? :)

Guest blackswan

Thank you!cheers,tobi

Guest RoarT

Sorry for the double post.Roar

Guest Victor Sussman

Roar --http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=13972&page=If you look in the thread linked above, the very first item addressed by the new service pack is the FIX page with associated navigational display symbols. :) The very first set of items on that list are the remaining items from the latest release candidate for SP2.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.