Sign in to follow this  
tigerred53

Assign Reverse thrust to a joystick button?

Hi!Is it possbile to engage reverse thrust by pressing a button on a joystick by assigning it? I looked in the Flight Simulator Assignments window and found nothing...Thanks, Sanjeev Mundluru

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Sanjeev,Do you have a registered version of FSUIPC? You can make most control assignments through the FSUIPC controls.

Unfortunately, no! I don't have the registered version. I will, however, consider purchasing one if it's the only way...Thanks for the super-fast response!Sanjeev Mundluru

Guest iandavid

Yes you can, without the need for a registered FSUIPCGo into controls assignments in FS9 and select your joystick device.Find the command - "Throttle Decrease Quickly", it has a keyboard assignment of F2. Assign the joystick button of your choice to that command using "change assignments" and the select repeat to maximum (important).Now when you want reverse you just hold down your assigned button for as long as you want reverse activated.Paul Gardner

Guest Steve_Park

Assigning F2 is how I have done it on my CH Yoke to the left side of the rudder trim switch...just don't forget to assign F1 - Engine Idle to a button also to get out of reverse thrust (I use the right side of the rudder trim switch). This method just doesn't work sometime's on high end addon, like the PSS T7 with the autothrottle engaged and using autoland. I usually come out of autopilot and autothrottle about 800-500 feet on final and manually reduce the throttle on my CH Yoke to idle before engaging reverse thrust.Steve Park

Thank you all so much for your help!I knew there had to be an assignment somewhere in that long list...Thanks,Sanjeev Mundluru

Is it also possible, i.e. to assign an axis of my flight sim yoke to the reverse thrust?

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

Guest iandavid

Just try it in the same way as button and see what happens.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.