Sign in to follow this  
Guest iandavid

Lets keep it to support issues.

Guest iandavid

Phoenix1 seems to be paranoid about anyone who dares make a negative comment. Locking the thread is just like a child taking his toy's home when he can't get his own way.Gary's post was in no way "dev bashing" in fact it was a very polite and constructive post. The arguments are very validIf PSS cannot accept criticsm from PAYING customers who have waited 4 months for a patch then you are in the wrong business.I have always been a loyal supporter of PSS and have all of your products except the Vulcan and NEVER post on your forum but I think you've gone to far this time. WHO do you think pays your salaries for PSS products, I was under the impression that it was us customers.The support from Norman and Steve is first clas but then Phoenix1 comes along and destroys all that. The way you are going you will lose your loyal customer base.Paul Gardner

Guest hillsboro034

I couldn't agree with you more. You observations have been spot-on. There are a lot of us, myself included, who merely lurk here and the other AVSIM forums. But the hits PSS is taking elsewhere since the release of the T-7 have been telling. There are too many other options for other developers just over the horizon.I have been a PSS customer since day one, and have purchased all of PSS's add-ons except two. The flight dynamics, gauges, VC of the T-7 leave much to be desired (For Phoenix 1's info I know a just little about this bird and other Boeing Aircraft.). The only substantive help that came for the porpoising (bobbing as some people call it...) was from the same person (the G-4 driver), who did the FDE mod for the Bus.That issue aside. The thing that has disturbed me most is the arrogance of the CEO and the departure of some long time support people shortly after the release of T-7. His curt replies and imperial attitude fail him and will further drive his customer base away. His isn

Guest hillsboro034

Well said Paul. Too bad the answer by the "CEO" is locking or purging a thread rather than listening to the loyal and long time customers who have never complained until now. But it is his shop so to speak, and he may do with it as he wishes, even if it means driving off the customer base he needs to prosper.Barry

Guest hillsboro034

Gary,All I stated in regards to John was he was here and then gone, and that the timing seemed odd and that it occurred around the same time as others left which was discussed here.In reading what I posted I don't see any attempt on my part toward humor, and resent the inference that I was trying to interject humor at John's expense. The rare contacts I had with John through the years were always professional... John was/is a good guy and represented PSS well. What he gave is gone... that is why I am here saying what I am now. I do consider what I posted a support issue and not petty carping because I have nothing better to do. I do not live on any of the forums, and have in the past conducted any support issues via email, as I did when I was not too happy with what was released. I prefer dealing one-on-one and have not had a need to air any concerns or issues I have had, on a public forum.The issue here, IMHO, that has set some people off, myself included, is the curt replies posted by the CEO. If I knew that was his attitude and style I would never have purchased, T-7. I wonder if he realizes the people he has driven away, who go silently without a word... customers and potential customers alike, and how much he has hurt the efforts, of Norman, et al?I am sorry, Gary; I doubt you agree; but everything I had to say here was about support.I will close my contributions to this thread now. It is my hope, that the CEO will read it and give some thought to his interactions here and perhaps try to see some of this through eyes other than his own... step back for a while... There have been petty, bashing posts from others here... But this thread isn't bashing for the sake of bashing, and anyone reading the post he locked yesterday could see that. If I were advising him, I would tell him to stay out of it and let his staff deal with it. That this isn't the time for public displays of temper on his part. No one would agrue that it is his right to say what he pleases... but at what cost to PSS? How many customers current and future, lost(Rhetorical question)?Regards, Barry

Hello,I second this. As past supporter of the company, I have lost enthusiasm, and will not recommend PSS to anyone. I am not looking for explanations, just results, reasonable in both time and quality. And respect, even when some people become emotional, obvious and justified.>I couldn't agree with you more. You observations have been>spot-on. There are a lot of us, myself included, who merely>lurk here and the other AVSIM forums. But the hits PSS is>taking elsewhere since the release of the T-7 have been>telling. There are too many other options for other developers>just over the horizon.>>I have been a PSS customer since day one, and have purchased>all of PSS's add-ons except two. The flight dynamics, gauges,>VC of the T-7 leave much to be desired (For Phoenix 1's info I>know a just little about this bird and other Boeing>Aircraft.). The only substantive help that came for the>porpoising (bobbing as some people call it...) was from the>same person (the G-4 driver), who did the FDE mod for the>Bus.>>That issue aside. The thing that has disturbed me most is the>arrogance of the CEO and the departure of some long time>support people shortly after the release of T-7. His curt>replies and imperial attitude fail him and will further drive>his customer base away. His isn

Guest simonmd

Very interesting views and some good points raised in a sensible and calm maner. I too, feel deeply let down by PSS. The vast majority of my threads on this subject have been deleted and i've been acused of 'spamming' and 'trying to cause trouble' with my 'negative comments'. Also i've been told that references and comparisons to other companies products was not allowed either.Yes, I acknowledge that this is a technical support forum and that non of my comments were constructively helping other members but what other public voice do we have? With the liveries, the T7 is the most expensive FS9 aircraft out there and yet for a vast number of people, it is not useable. I feel that I've been conned into paying to take part in a Beta testing program.All PSS will say is 'the patch will be out when it's ready', fair enough but FOUR MONTHS? PSS team, let me ask you this. If you bought a washing machine and found out it would not pump the water out when it was finished, what would you expect? Either a replacement, a fix or a refund. Simple. What would you say if the manufactures said, 'we know of the problem and are working on it but can't give you any idea of when it can be fixed'?PSS, you have a potentialy GREAT product here and it's a credit to you that so many people feel so strongly about it. They all, myself included, really like the overall package but simply want to use it properly, that's all. PLEASE, at least release a patch for the work completed so far so that some of us can fly again.Simon Dove.

OK, I can uderstand that the 777 has MAYOR faults, but I have faith in that patch (when it eventually comes out) and I am sure that the T7 will be the fantastic aircraft it is meant to be.

I prefer to look at the bright side of it. I am sure the delay has a just cause. I am also sure that when things are rectified we will have the nicest aircraft on the circuit with functions the others don't' have. I too have been frustrated by this but I am confident that something beyond the control of PSS has caused this. And another thing it stands to reason that the 757 will be even better. There was no need for insults from users or PSS but things happen especially when anger raises it's ugly head. I was personally insulted by a famous captain in another forum but I still fly the aircraft I HAD the problem with. I am still geared up to buy the PSS 757 and will buy something from that other developer if I can't get it elsewhere. Let's please lighten up a bit and hang on for awhile longer and see.COOLER HEADS PREVAILRegards to allRick

"PLEASE, at least release a patch for the work completed so far so that some of us can fly again."I see no point in that, not everyone is eagle eyed in this forum and releasing a patch with half of the stuff corrected, means that people will moan that the other half is not done!Norman has stated that BRAND NEW FDE's are being done, you cannot release a aircraft without FDE's!Have all the panel fixes, but no FDE, that dosn't seem wise.It should be released in one go, when its ready and not before.I'm guessing its the FDE's that are delaying the patch, and quite rightly so, if you ewant a flyable 777, you have to wait for the FDE's (Flight Dynamics) to be completed, just sit in there a little longer, Norman and the team are doimg thier best and it will be released when ready and not before. (I know that because Norman is not a person who likes things have done!)Everyone should leave PSS to do the job inhand, your lives should not revolve around MSFS, find something else to do, as once you have the patch, you won't have much time at all, rember the 777 is a LH a/c not a SH one!Cheers

Guest simonmd

>OK, I can uderstand that the 777 has MAYOR faults, but I have>faith in that patch (when it eventually comes out) and I am>sure that the T7 will be the fantastic aircraft it is meant to>be. Couldn't agree more Javier. I'm sure the PSS T7 will be fantastic when it's sorted.Simon Dove

It is not a question of one's life revolving around msfs - it's the principle of value for money spent - however small. The fact that this is a game is one reason I personally just wait patiently on the patch I am certain PSS is working diligently to provide. The cynic in me also clearly sees that it is just not in their interests to be as diabolical as some have accused - it would be just plain bad business and probably a greater loss to them than us.If this were a purchase of greater consequence I would be all over the vendor - 'we're working on it' simply would not do in other contexts - certainly not in my area of business. Professionalism, understanding, constant progress updates and (realistic) timeframes are a must in order to keep your customers calm, interested and willing to remain your customer. I understand about not wanting to say 'x is fixed, y is not yet done' - yes some will jump on you and say y should have been addressed first, but imho that's better than nothing, which tends to stoke the ire fire higher - (ire fire higher ha ha)But this is a hobby, a game, with lots of quality alternatives - I'm cool, and confident that PSS will get it all sorted, just like they always do - this is part of their reputation in this game (the MAIN reason I am patient) and I'm sure they treasure it...And us yes? :)regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Hello Iain,as you well know, 70% of your fleet pilots fly online. Wouldn't you like them to have TCAS working in and out of say Heathrow? I don't see this as pointless.>"PLEASE, at least release a patch for the work completed so>far so that some of us can fly again.">>I see no point in that, not everyone is eagle eyed in this>forum and releasing a patch with half of the stuff corrected,>means that people will moan that the other half is not done!

Opher,I see where you are coming from, but I would prefer the update as one, not 2 or 3 bits.Also the FDE is tied into the autothrottle logic, and thats more important than TCAS as its like the airbus, AT in from Takeoff to touchdown.Under MEL (Minimum Equipment List) TCAS is a GO item (ie You can fly with in inop), I have seen quite a few flightplans from BA and in fact many other airlines incl PIA, AAL, UAL etc on one day where the remark in the flightplan has been RMK/NRP TCAS.TCAS is a nice thing to have, not 100% nessicary tho, and Autothrottle is, and as I said, thats tied into the FDE, no FDE, no Autothrottle which MUST be serviceable under MEL for flights to take place.Cheers

Guest GW Norris

BarryIt looks like Norman replaced my original post with his reply ( by mistake as he noted at the bottom ) and left my name at the top. I didn't write the post at the top of this thread.I personally agree with your opinion, and at the same time can be sympathetic to Norman's position on the matter. None of us out here know John's reason for leaving. Personally I held John in hi regards, He helped me out years ago with the first PSS T7, and Phoenix1 has also been of personal help to me in the past, years ago. I wasn't attacking his character as a person, Only his Motivation as a CEO of a company that produces a product for the public.I'm sure I'm on his S--T list now, but that's OK, I'm the kind that won't go to other forums and talk behind his back. At least I raised the issue right here in his own forum. Personally I can understand that bugs in the T7 can pop up on one system and not show itself on another system, that aren't tied to the FDE. However, the basic flight dynamics of this aircraft should have been reasonably accurate before it was released. The Roll Rate and CG induced bobbing should have stopped this release from happening when it did. Oh well, I'll go back to not posting unless it's and aircraft issue, but have learned one important lesson. No more first release purchases for me. That includes all Developers, Not just PSS.I'll wait at least 6 to 8 months before even considering new purchase from now on, at least then I won't be compelled to feel I didn't get value for the dollar.Gary

Guest hillsboro034

Sorry for jumping on you, Gary... Wonder why Norman did that? I am sure I have joined you on the fecal list too. In this particular instance, I feel I am in good company. I am a customer and have a right to express my concerns in a civil manner. Anyway...I too, regret not waiting for the dust to settle on this one. It has a lot of potential. Maybe the beta testing pool needs to be expanded. When the release was delayed, I offer through John to beta test the flight dynamics and see what if any input I could offer. It wouldn't have been much, but every little bit helps... It looks like there wasn't much testing done by real world pilots with either civilian or military transport stick time. Or if they did have a pool of pilots they didn't listen to them. You are right on a number of issues with the flight dynamics; instrumentation and lights too. Non-functional switches (they operate as switches but do nothing) It was rushed out the door, and that happens... but I never expected that from PSS. I sincerely hope they are able to turn this around.Thanks again for clearing up the post taking me to task about John wasn't yours.Best regards, Barry

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.