Sign in to follow this  
Guest iandavid

Lets keep it to support issues.

Guest GW Norris

Barry.Thanks for your reply. No problem, Just wanted you to know about the mix up with the original post I made. I guess I'll just quit offering my opinion in these forums, I can't believe the ruckus sometimes. There seems to be no tolerance for critisism at PSS. Any critisism can be viewed as offensive, if your inclined to be intolerant of it, I'm a father of 5 children and believe me, some kids will pout over any critisism, no matter how tactful you try to be. On the same note, some people refuse to be critical of anyone for fear that person won't like them any more, they try to stradle both sides of the fence and be everyones friend, even though they may really be thinking something different behind that persons back. Oh well, I learned from this one, don't offer negative feedback in this forum, don't expect anything from PSS except what they are willing to give, regardless of the price, and never, never purchase any payware aircraft, regardless of the developers reputation untill it has been fully tested by the flight simming public and patched at least one time. Oh and check the forums after the patch for a few days before you buy. Then you won't be compelled to post in the developers forum.Thanks again BarryGary

Guest NormanB

>Wonder why Norman did that?I clicked on edit instead of quote - nothing more sinister. I posted before heading out for the morning so hadnt realised otherwise I could have pressed back a lot and tried to fix my error. I truly was sorry especially given that your post wasnt with sinister content.There is no list and as both Steve and I have said, we welcome constructive critisicm in a civil manner; something we generally see.>Maybe the beta testing pool needs to be expanded. The 777 beta had a team of 24, over double previous sizes. I have a slightly larger team set ready for the 757.

Guest fcrash

Well let me just said one thing .This was my first and last time buying any products from PSS[]s Fernando

Guest hillsboro034

My comment was in the form of a question; nothing sinister was implied. I don't need to engage in innuendo to get my point across. If I felt your actions were nefarious, I would have said so. Furthermore, if my purchase had been refunded, as I had ask in a civil manner, by email two days after the release; I can assure you I would not be here now. I have, like many others, waited patiently for almost five months, without commentary in any manner here or elsewhere.If others feel they have value for their money spent, and are pleased with the product; that is wonderful. I

Guest NormanB

Barry,Please email me in regard to the email exchange you mentioned.Thanks

Guest hillsboro034

>Barry,>>Please email me in regard to the email exchange you>mentioned.>>ThanksNorman,I sent it to your attention at the support email address,Regards, Barry

Guest Knikolaes

I look forward to the patch, but in the meantime this bird is still going to log plenty of hours (logged 50+ for Delta Virtual already).I have a feeling the patch will be worth the wait. Other developers have gone far longer than 4 months on a patch . . . Graham, the link you posted does not appear to work for me. Looks like a bad link. Care to edit?

Guest NormanB

Gents,A number of threads that were not in keeping with a support forum were removed by me earlier. One of these included a post made by Graham, hence the link not working.To summarise an earlier post by myself, combined with Graham's, we at PSS are a small team who strive to provide a quality product at a reasonable price. The fact though remains we are human and sometimes things are said that don't read like they were intended.The bottom line is we have worked hard on a patch over the past few months as well as answering questions here. Naturally we tire and understand when people get frustrated if they see what they perceive as no feedback.Im waiting patiently tonight on an update so that it can be distributed to testers and then if all goes well, to our customers - that is how close it is.Graham previously mentioned refunds and, unlike many other addon developers, PSS are sympathetic to valid requests for refunds via email to support.

Guest Knikolaes

Thank you for the update, Norman :-)

Guest GW Norris

Gents,Sometimes folks have better days than other. Im sure Graham is no different. In his defence I know he had just returned from home from a long flight having been in England on business for a few days.Steven had set we welcome constructive criticism and thats true across the whole team. During the latter stages of the 777 Graham made countless model changes based on feedback for example.The people are not sitting around twiddling their thumbs but are testing continuously. Graham in fact has been one of the few people who have been able to continue work on the 757 - whilst running the T7 tests on another box - since he is the main model maker. Comments in the 757 thread, as well as elsewhere indicate that from screenshots the 757 model is the best work they have seen.The issue with providing feedback is one I have previously addressed. Lets say for example I state that the online tcas works but we have not yet addressed the enroute time estimates - to some that may be the wrong focus and there becomes a continuous "why have you not fixed XXX yet?"I'm a big believer in communication but as you can see there are sometimes when the only info we can give whilst managing our time effectively is that work continues.Barry mentions the departure of John from PSS. We wish it was just PSS John left behind however in reality John left for personal reasons and has had no involvement in FS or computers, even as a user since that day. To imply that it was PSS related is so wide off the mark its not funny. And no, Im not at liberty to elaborate on his reasons, except to say that if his personal situation changes John would be back and welcomed before I could finish this post. Lets keep it to support issues guys. In closing the T7 patch has most things in place. The FDEs were completely rewritten by someone who is well known and respected in his field. The issues addressed in the sticky post have been addressed and testing continues.Gary - apols. I seem to have put my post in place of yours - for that please accept my apologies!! - Norman

Guest NormanB

Our pleasure Mark.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.