Sign in to follow this  
Guest jinzo012

Regarding Sliding on landing

Guest jinzo012

I just touched down on RWY 9R at LFPG after a 9 hour flight from KIAH, and let's just say I didn't like the landing, no fault on my part, Weather was fairly clear with a 4 knt headwind (using ASv6) but in fact fault on part of the actual Aeroplane (773) I just slid off the runway about 5 second into the landing.There must be SOMETHING that can resolve this issue, as it disturbs everytime I attempt to fly very long haul flights with the 773/772I beleive this issue has been discussed, but was not addressed properly, by PSSHoping for someone to come through with a fix- Kevin

Guest FlyinJ

Kevin,Sounds like you were performing an Autoland. Yes, there is something askew with the autopilot in the way it handles the rollout phase of an autoland and it's a shame to have your $200M 772LR mowing the lawn between runways at the conclusion of a long flight. As mentioned in other posts, this is one of the issues PSS is looking to correct in the upcoming patch. In the mean time, I use a similar workaround to what Andrew suggested. Without assigning buttons or any such thing, I simply press the 5 key on my numpad (with NumLock off) immediately upon touchdown. This centers the rudder and ailerons and makes control of the rollout much more manageable via the yoke or keypad (your choice) rudder controls.Give it a try and see if that works for you.Jeff

Thanks for that excellent tip Jeff. Fixed it forme.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest FlyinJ

Glad I could help Peter.Jeff

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.