Sign in to follow this  

Service Update for 777 Suggestion/Question

I would like to know if the 'patch' will be announced anywhere besides here or at the Phoenix site? Also will it be downloadable from any other sites to prevent jamming up the server at Phoenix?Rick

Guest NormanB

Rick,The service pack / patch / whatever will be announced here, on our site and at various FS sites including AVSIM.comDelivery will be using the web installer which will transparently connect to the remote file servers.

Guest Pilot53

Pointless reply removed.

Guest fcrash

how about a release date?Fernando

Guest NormanB

>how about a release date?No. Dates mean pressure which means mistakes. I am sure that you, like I, wish for no further mistakes.

Guest fcrash

>>how about a release date?>>No. Dates mean pressure which means mistakes. I am sure that>you, like I, wish for no further mistakes.>If you are so close to release the patch as you say , whats the problem?Fernando

Guest NormanB

The problem is if I say today and then we dont make today then people will complain.The other side is if I say (example) September then people ask why so long. Therefore the only right solution is to not give a date.

I don't expect a precise date, and even if you gave one I wouldn't be upset if you missed it, but you must have a good idea of the rough timescale for the patch? PSS must know what's left to be fixed, or tested, and how long that's likely to take. I know flightsim add-ons are a special case, but this is a commercial product, so customers ought to be told your best estimate. That would also kill off the feeling that the project timescale is sliding because of the 3 way race to release a full 757 product. Without a published target, where's the pressure to complete the 777?The sim is far from unusable as some would insist, but the promise that there are improvements on the way does mean it feels unfinished.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest NormanB

Kevin,We are in no 757 race. The 757, aside from the model and repaints, has been mothballed for eons. Our commitment is to patching the 777 first and that patch is in very late testing. To give an idea, yesterday the testers had a whopping 300kb to download, based on feedback.

Norman,Appreciate your feedback and the hints. Sorry about the comment about the race to get a 757 out. I wrote that before reading other posts to the effect that the 757 was mothballed for the time being.My bad guess. I thought PSS might be put off track by the way a competitor launched a half finished 757 (with a 767 VC!) to try and collar the market. That's one addon I won't be rushing to buy.Good to see you have your priorities right.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest iosonogio

hi Norman,what bugs are you fixing in the patch in relation to the ones listed in the sticky post ? (or others if any)I actually found the worst bugs being bumping cruizing, cannot save the flight and panel status, and the others related expecially to flighing online.thank yougeorge

Guest NormanB

George,By "bumping cruizing" do you mean a porpousing effect? What issues do you have saving a flight? You should simply use the FS menu Flights | Save flight.Online flight TCAS works - what else?

Guest iosonogio

Hi Norman,by "bumping cruizing" I meant the Oscillation at cruise bug which is reported in the Sticky Post and I actually have during my flights.The flight saving issue, is the following. If I start a flight, enter stuff in the FMC, change status on the panels, and so on... then I save the flight. Well, when I load that flight back, it loose the data in the FMC, as well as in the setup panel, .... I find this expecially bad since it doesnt make it easy to flight long hauls ;)These two are the ones I consider the main bugs from my point of view.There are the others listed in the Sticky Post, which I was wwondering thair fixes are bieng included in the patch as well :)thank yougeorge

Guest NormanB

George,Oscillation is the FDE and as long as people use the load edit then this shouldnt (isnt) be an issue wit the patched aircraft.From day one I have been able to save a flight and reload it at a later stage with no issues. I am a real fan of long hauls too!I havent cross referenced the sticky post in the past few days but believe issues in regard to planned features listed there are all addressed.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.