Sign in to follow this  

Service Update for 777 Suggestion/Question

Guest iosonogio

>George,>>Oscillation is the FDE and as long as people use the load edit>then this shouldnt (isnt) be an issue wit the patched>aircraft.>>From day one I have been able to save a flight and reload it>at a later stage with no issues. I am a real fan of long>hauls too!>>I havent cross referenced the sticky post in the past few days>but believe issues in regard to planned features listed there>are all addressed.Norman,sorry but I dont understand your point. What patched aircraft are you talking about? BTW what is "FDE" ?what I currently report with my PSS777 2004 aircraft is that it DOES have oscillation at cruise, as reported in the Sticky Post.I just tried to fly it again, (it's been some time not using the simulator) and well the oscillation IS there.As stated in the Sticky post, it seems to be no oscillation if you keep CG below 18% in fact. What I did then? I set up the aircraft to get a CG of slightly less than 18% (trim of about 8.25) and I took off... the plane had no oscillation. But as fuel got burned, the CG increased over 18% and oscillation started again! So it is actually a problem. Is this a bug or a misconfiguration by my fault? I used the included Excel calculator to load the airplane. Is the 777 supposed to fly with the CG being ALWAYS lower than 18% ?This sounds strange to me, since I can fly other airplanes (767, 737) with a CG of 23% for example.But again it may be something I get wrong.Whatever the case, since in the sticky it's described this as being a bug. You talked about a patched aircraft... you mean the patch you are currently testing and that will be released ?Second point, regarding saving flights.It does not work since it does NOT save FMC status. It DOES mess up with the legs and route page, the aircraft is same status as when you saved the flight, but the FMC is messed up, it has NO data ....this does not let me save a long haul flight in the middle of it.This is reported on the Sticky post as well.thanksgeorge

Guest NormanB

George,The patched aurcraft is the one that the beta testers currently have. As of last night there were no issues to report. FDE is the flight dynamics - ie the way it flies. Whilst the excel spreadsheet is good, a much easier utility is the load editor available with the aircraft. If you have not already done so, please redownload the base installer.

Norman,The save flight issue is one that I have seen since day one as well. The error seems erratic though. Sometimes the detail of the FMC is intact, other times you have to reload the flight and then tell the aircraft which waypoint you are approaching to remove all the detail that you have already flown passed.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest iosonogio

thank you.So is the save flight issue being addressed in the patch?that's good!

Guest NormanB

Mervyn,Whilst I never noticed this issue it was addressed:o Loading a previously saved flight containing an FMC route entered using airways results in blank LEGS page - fixed

Norman:Feel free to delete this thread that I started. Question was answered and I should have known that an announcement would be made. Sorry if I caused anything here.RegardsRickPS. Can you bribe that Jaguardo guy(Continental) to make some more videos?

Guest NormanB

>PS. Can you bribe that Jaguardo guy(Continental) to make some>more videos?Jaguardo,Make more videos or I will ensure you get some of the "features" other customers have experienced }( (that should do it!)

Guest Segwin

>George,>>The patched aurcraft is the one that the beta testers>currently have. As of last night there were no issues to>report. FDE is the flight dynamics - ie the way it flies. >>Whilst the excel spreadsheet is good, a much easier utility is>the load editor available with the aircraft. If you have not>already done so, please redownload the base installer.Hello Norman:I just purchased this aircraft. Dumb question, where is the load editor?Also, in the FMC, where can you change the CG in the cruise page?TIATerry

Hey Terry, I am not Norman (you can tell by the accent ;) but I might be able to help. The Load editor and Fuel Planner are in your root FS9PSS T7 folder I believe. I am mid flight on CO091 from LLBG-KEWR so I can not check but it is definitely root FS9PSSSomething :)Someone can correct me if I am worng but I have never ever seen the bobbing or FDE problems others have. I think the reason is I never change my Cruise CG. It is default to 30 in the FMC and I leave it there. I take the CG value from the editor and put it in Takeoff CG, NOT Cruise CG. There are two CG values in the FMC, only ever change the TakeOff CG. Technically I would ####*U*ME that the Cruise CG is determined on the fly by the onboard systems anyway... This may be right or wrong but since day 1 it has prevented the wild bobbing.Others have tried it and reported it "cured" their bobbing as well....Hope that helps,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Terry.The Load Editor and the Fuel Planer are located in ...FS9PSSboeing 777 ! Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

>>PS. Can you bribe that Jaguardo guy(Continental) to make>some>>more videos?>>Jaguardo,>>Make more videos or I will ensure you get some of the>"features" other customers have experienced }( >>(that should do it!)I was going to wait for the patch, but you have "persuaded" me to "re-schedule" the Dubai-Manchester Trip. It will be in the 200LR rather than the -300ER, for the sake of the passengers :-badteeth

Guest dp

JaguardoDid you not mean to say..."Norman, I was going to wait for the patch, how long will it be ?";-)I watched your movie Jaguardo, and the soundtrack really added to it, but I saw some screenshots and they were in daylight, but the flight was a nighttime flight - was a bit puzzled !David Pollard

>Jaguardo>>Did you not mean to say...>>"Norman, I was going to wait for the patch, how long will it>be ?">>;-)>>I watched your movie Jaguardo, and the soundtrack really added>to it, but I saw some screenshots and they were in daylight,>but the flight was a nighttime flight - was a bit puzzled !>>David PollardDon't be puzzled, departure was at 15:00 from Newark, sometime later over the pacific I took the shots. The video is the descent and arrival into Hong Kong at 20:00 local, over 16 hours later (I was a bit late from schedule due to headwinds all the way) :-)

I must apologize. I got your name wrong and your airline. Love the movie though. Had a calming effect on me.RegardsRick

>>I must apologize. I got your name wrong and your airline.>Love the movie though. Had a calming effect on me.>>Regards>>RickDon't worry about it ;)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.