Sign in to follow this  
Guest dt1951

Engravity FMC

Guest dt1951

Is there any chance of getting an interface to the Engravity FMC? From all that I have read it seems like a really great hardware addon to FS, especially with the super payware aircraft with FMC's. Much like rudder pedals, joysticks/yokes, throttle quadrants, etc...

Guest NormanB

Dan,I don't know this product but do know that I can happily interface my FMC from www.flightdecksolutions.com to our aircraft.If the engravity is able to send keypresses then you should be good to go.

Guest dt1951

Thanks Norman. I didn't know about that one. I appreciate your response.

I don't think it will be compatible. As I understand it, the Flight Deck Solutions CDU's screen acts like a second monitor. In order to use it, you drag the FMC onto the CDU screen as you would with a multi-monitor setup (correct me if I'm wrong here).Engravity have a built in monitor that is independant of FS, and so needs the data it displays to be sent via the USB cable by means of a software driver.Hope I've explained it clear enough. PMDG have just spent a good few months writing software to link their aircraft with the Engravity CDU, and are selling the driver for $99, so it obviously isn't as simple as 'plug and play' as it were.-Phil

Guest NormanB

I havent looked but if the engravity one shows as a second monitor, albeit connected via usb then it will. As I said, I have never looked at the engravity one.

The Engravity CDU will not show as a second monitor. Hence the requirement for a driver, so it can tell the CDU what to display.-Phil

Guest JTH

The engravity CDU reatils at $1250 though, just to let everyone know!

Guest NormanB

Whilst the FDS one is $600. A screen is maybe $50

Guest dt1951

LOL... Details, details, details. What's a few dollars among friends.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.