Sign in to follow this  
Guest felixarthur

scenery area .038

Guest felixarthur

Since installing pss 777 I get the following error on fs9 startupScenery.cfg file error.Local scenery directory(addon sceneryscenery)in scenery area .038 not foundclick to continueCould anyone kindly help me out pleaseregardsKevin

Guest NormanB

Look at your scenery.cfg - whatever the issue is its nothing to do with the 777 since it doesnt do anything with this file.

Guest felixarthur

Thanks for your time NormanI'll have to search elsewhereKevin

Guest NormanB

Kevin,I had an issue with some scenery recently - a similar error. It turned out that when I copied my old FS folder into a fresh install that a particular scenery installer was pointing to a folder inside program files that was no longer available.I simply deleted this entry (since the scenery was long gone).

Guest felixarthur

NormanOnce again thankyou. I think I'll do as you did and delete itregardsKevin

Actually, I think the scenery.038 is one of the the default scenery folders (Addon sceneryscenery) and should not be deleted from the scenery config. Check that you in fact have the folders "Adddon sceneryscenery" and "Addon scenerytexture" created on your system, then check the scenery.cfg file to ensure that the path names are correct for that scenery.I don't think it is a good idea to delete it.

Graeme Butler

Guest NormanB

Graeme,Whilst 38 may be a default on yours, its not on mine. If the area is giving an error it is invariably that the offending area doesnt exist.Therefore in my situation it was the solution.

Guest felixarthur

Hi GuysSolved it.The addon scenery folder was in the scenery folders and I have now moved it to the root fs9 folder.Result = All back to normal and no errorsThankyou to you both for adviseregardsKevin

Kevin, glad you got your problem solved. :-)Norman, I am surprised that you don't have the Addon scenery folder in your default setup. I have a DVD backup of a clean install of FS9 from last year, and there was created both "addon sceneryscenery" and "addon scenerytexture" folders (both empty).I'm sure it does no harm to delete it, but I have noticed that a lot of 3rd party scenery add-ons seem to look for this folder. Anyway - if it ain't broke...

Graeme Butler

Guest NormanB

Graeme,What I am saying is that MY 38 will be different to YOUR 38.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.