Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

We should be patient...

Guest aarskringspier

Ive had it. Im usually pretty calm but you guys take the cake. Support isnt measured by how many cute and nice responses we can give to make us feel good its about results and about making sure your customers feel like theyre valued. I can tell you I dont feel valued, I dont feel like you give a rip and I dont care if I ever have another product from your company grace my HDD ever again. 5 months. It takes others far less time to patch their minor hiccups and sometimes only a few days (Imagine that)You dont care? Thats fine with me give me a refund or give me the product I paid for. Right now it sucks and so does your support.

Guest KoSmOs

Randy is right here... An other company released their product on the 18th this month, and on the 23rd they came up with their first patch (although their product worked WAY better then this one).Sad... Very sad...Peter Johanessen

>Ive had it. Im usually pretty calm but you guys take the>cake. Support isnt measured by how many cute and nice>responses we can give to make us feel good its about results>and about making sure your customers feel like theyre valued. >I can tell you I dont feel valued, I dont feel like you give a>rip and I dont care if I ever have another product from your>company grace my HDD ever again. 5 months. It takes others>far less time to patch their minor hiccups and sometimes only>a few days (Imagine that)>>You dont care? Thats fine with me give me a refund or give me>the product I paid for. Right now it sucks and so does your>support.I believe that you are supposed to ask fot that via E-Mail (I apologise if you have done so already)

We in Australia have the special best PSS 777 version -just so good - hardly needs patching. Pity youdon't live here! Wink!Peter Sydney Australia

Guest Phoenix5

Randy,I am sorry if my post offended you, but how does giving you a date that we do not know if we can meet make things better?There are many things that happen behind the scenes that have held up the patch, I honestly would like nothing better than to be able to say hey guys the patch will be ready at 1200z tomorrow (It will NOT be), but I just can't and to do so would be cruel.I do care about how this delay affects our customers, but my hands are tied. I simply do not have the patch to give you.

Guest GW Norris

I agree with Randy 100%If none of the people at Phoenix had any problems during the test and none of the Beta testers had problems, What made you determine that the FDE was so bad that it had to be completely rewritten?? Even though that was obvious to me from day one!!I think your blowing smoke, and not answering the problem straight up front by saying, look loyal customers, we made a serious error in releasing this bird 6 months too early.There's one way you guys can redeem yourselves in the flight sim community and that is post a contest everyone who purchased this aircraft ( which wasn't ready for sale ) can write in a guess as to what date the patch will be released, and the people who come the closest to the actual date of release ( not time of day, but date only ) will be given the 757 and all the liveries for free.( when it's released ) even if 1000 people guess it right.how about that?? let's turn this into a game, with some reward instead of frustration

Guest NormanB

>If none of the people at Phoenix had any problems during the>test and none of the Beta testers had problems, What made you>determine that the FDE was so bad that it had to be completely>rewritten?? What made us determine was user feedback. Earlier in this thread I intimated that I invited some of those who had experienced issues with the FDE to join the testing. THEY, on behalf of users as a whole, are the one we are listening to.>released, and the people who come the closest to the actual>date of release ( not time of day, but date only ) will be>given the 757 and all the liveries for free.( when it's>released ) even if 1000 people guess it right.How do you have 1000 people closest? What would stop me for example delaying it to a day where only one person is right? I had a date in my head. My mum comes from Ireland so I wanted St Patricks day (17th March) but we didnt make that. Imagine the uproar if I had said it would have been then and here we are a week later.>how about that?? let's turn this into a game, with some reward>instead of frustrationI do like your idea though! There will be a competition available for 777 customers to get a 757. I just havent thought a means through yet - mostly because Im constantly working on the 777.

>Randy,>>I am sorry if my post offended you, but how does giving you a>date that we do not know if we can meet make things better?>>There are many things that happen behind the scenes that have>held up the patch, I honestly would like nothing better than>to be able to say hey guys the patch will be ready at 1200z>tomorrow (It will NOT be), but I just can't and to do so would>be cruel.Errrr.... and this isn't...? Cruel that is.I see my question didn't get answered.

Guest NormanB

Dougal,If your question was along the lines of "when" then I think I answered that. If its a specific date you want then to ensure we dont get subject to missing it the patch will be available before Jan 01 2007. Naturally we all want it before then and I am sure we will see it *much* sooner.

Guest jeffg

Norman, Just to quote you:Be happy to know that you should be able to fly your 777 in a few short days.That was on March 17th I can wait but a few short days was a week ago. JeffG

No, i wasn't looking for, or expecting a date. I know how daft that is. I think my question was pretty much self explanitory....."............. do you feel that 5 months further on, it's still okay to give customers absolutely no idea when it MAY happen....? Not even a ball park guess. Do you really feel that is okay & acceptable?You stated before that you always see things from a customers point of view. So I was asking if you think/feel you've dealt with this in way which your customers feel acceptable?Have you seen just how fast another addon has just been patched? (4 days i think) PURELY as a result of customer feedback. Again, problems not found by beta testers......

Guest NormanB

Jeff,I hear what you are saying. Im as anxious to get this out as you! Dougal,Our product has a gauge that is some 60MB + in size. Yes we could have released micro patches but that would involve people having to download many un needed MB. Remember that not everybody is on broadband. This is one of the main reasons that we, like another developer I can think of, simply get on with the job of patching and make a general release. I've stated before, whilst an issue you might see is naturally important to you, somebody else who doesnt see that issue sees something else; your priorities differ and we, as developers then find ourselves answering questions of "why did you fix something that isnt broken and yet my problem exists"

Guest fcrash

Keeping the custumers blind without giving any information is coming to a limit.We have been waiting 5 months without any information. And we still have no information , the patch can take 2 months longer and you guys only say , "Yeah its comming soon"I don't want this kind of answer anymore , I want information about the product that I payed for , and haven't been able to use!Once you guys said. "Something we learn from PMDG , it's to patch once and patch good"Well let's learn something else from PMDG? How about a decent product on release? How about a quick fix 4 days after realease?I would really , really like if you guys came up with 5 , 10 minors patchs then to wait 5 months for nothing.Fernando

Guest FLEX

Tsk2x in my point of view im not gonna beleive if the PSS made a patch. as they say "BELEIVE IT WHEN YOU SEE IT!!!"i cant beleive the pss is doing this to us customers. the a320 and a330 dont have the patch also. the plane flies like ####! from the way i look at it. a320 a330 a340 b777 has the same problem it pitches fast! it banks fast! fuel flow not accurate, it not very responsive in terms of control like doing it manually and most of all i thought the b777 is already fly by wire but i dont think its acting like it has fly by wire.creators of pss or supporter pls dont get mad at me. im just complimenting because its not easy to waste a lot of money on one thing that doesnt fly accurate! i have a pmdg and leveld 737 747 and 767 even i spend a lot of money with this at least they give the best flight dynamics of the aircraft im not saying 100% but its almost at 100%. infact yuo should understand us customers becaus we did not pay you late. so set you priority first.many thanks and God Bless to PSSRajiv

Guest adameke777

> b777 has the same problem it pitches fast! it banks fast! ... , it> not very responsive in terms of control like doing it manually Hi Rajiv,Doesn't the above quote from your post sound a little bit like a contradiction ? Could you please clarify what you mean ? Thanks