Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

We should be patient...

PSS, you still haven't answered the question. A simple 'YES' or 'NO' would be nice. You'd make great politicians :-)I think it's probably fair to say enough customers are unsatisfied, that ANY kind of explanation and/or apology would make a difference. It simply is not right (IMO), to pay this much money for an aircraft, where i have to constantly watch the horizon go up, down, up, down, up, down.......Is the word 'sorry' within the PSS spell checker? It would certainly go a long way in helping this simmer back to the PSS site in future.Simply stating that these problems were not encountered by any beta testers (which i find extremely hard to understand), is of absolutely no help what-so-ever for those of us that do have them. And seems to be many. In fact, I

Guest FLEX

>> b777 has the same problem it pitches fast! it banks fast!>... , it>> not very responsive in terms of control like doing it>manually >>Hi Rajiv,>>Doesn't the above quote from your post sound a little bit like>a contradiction ? Could you please clarify what you mean ?>Thankssorry about that it supposed to be on a separate post. the "BElEIVE it when you see it quote" so sorry;-)

OK gentlemen, let me add my 2 cents here. I have followed this and other topics here with a certain amusement because I think a piece of software simply isn't worth getting angry or frustrated about. Being a long-time PSS customer (started with their 747), I have spent $30 on much worse things than the Triple Seven; however, I will think twice before buying any of their future products. I'm sure PSS is aware that they can't risk another miscarriage like this one or they'll loose the majority of their customers.Though I can totally understand those who are really upset and running out of patience now, this attitude doesn't really speed up the testing progress. So why bother? As long as I KNOW that there WILL BE a patch, I'm fine. Let them do their job and then judge again.I have one big suggestion to make for the team: Change your policy regarding information on current development processes!! I'm sure many people here are sick of reading statements like "Testing continues. Period." for the 10000th time. There would be much more understanding for the delay if you actually gave some details on what the heck you're working on. Post some screenshots of work-in-progress or explain what's causing the problems and how you're planning to fix it from a software developer's point of view. Get some user feedback. WHO is the FDE guy you're talking about, and WHAT can he do to improve the flight model? Sometimes it seems like the support guys simply don't know what the devs / testers are doing at the moment. Quite counterproductive in my opnion.Then, there's that "It cannot be done"-attitude regarding user suggestions (FMC fix page, GPWS callouts etc just to name a few examples). Instead of behaving as flexible as a tax office at Friday afternoon, show some commitment and creativity. Consider adding new features even if they were never planned. At least I would appreciate that. Keep in mind that you're still in the aviation business in a broader sense ;-)So, that's all I have to say right now and I hope this will be taken as constructive criticism. As has been stated by a few others, none of this is to be taken personally. I'm sure PSS still has the potential to rock the virtual skies with a well-patched Triple Seven!So long,Holger Seilz

Why can't we have a comprehensive list of what is being changed/fixed for the patch. Feelthere did this right after the release of their 737 PIC (although it was abandoned after the 200th(!) service pack was release - there were quite a few!). It was a list of everything that was being changed, and was updated daily as things were fixed or problems were found. It gave the users some sort of idea of what was done, what wasn't, and what to expect on release.5 months down the line, and the FDE is the only thing I know thats being re-worked.Surely a list like this has to already exist somewhere so PSS can keep track of what's being done, especially for the 'Altered Items' list when the patch is finally released.-Phil

>Tsk2x >>in my point of view im not gonna beleive if the PSS made a>patch. as they say "BELEIVE IT WHEN YOU SEE IT!!!">>i cant beleive the pss is doing this to us customers. the a320>and a330 dont have the patch also. the plane flies like ####!>from the way i look at it. a320 a330 a340 b777 has the same>problem it pitches fast! it banks fast! fuel flow not>accurate, it not very responsive in terms of control like>doing it manually and most of all i thought the b777 is>already fly by wire but i dont think its acting like it has>fly by wire.>>creators of pss or supporter pls dont get mad at me. im just>complimenting because its not easy to waste a lot of money on>one thing that doesnt fly accurate! i have a pmdg and leveld>737 747 and 767 even i spend a lot of money with this at least>they give the best flight dynamics of the aircraft im not>saying 100% but its almost at 100%. infact yuo should>understand us customers becaus we did not pay you late. so set>you priority first.>>many thanks and God Bless to PSS>Rajiv------------------RajivPlease see my post regarding the A320. I discovered a fix for all the the PSS Airbus aircraft. It involves removing the 777; however, given the fact that the vast majority of people ignored both my comments about being patient and those of my colleagues from BAV, I don't think too many people will mind taking the 777 off until the patch is fixed. Look under the Airbus forum for my post; I made the final post at about 0200 local this am.------------For the rest of you, I'm very disappointed in the tone of these posts. I think this horse has been beaten to death and then some. I now regret having suggested this in the first place; my hope was that there was some level of professionalism in this community and that anyone with any experience would know that there are problems with all FS aircraft that come out (some more than others). Clearly, this isn't the case. I am a PSS customer too, I purchased the aircraft and it does not perform as advertised; but the problems were inconsistent and therefore, difficult to peg down on my computer. If I have that problem, I have to believe that PSS are having the same frustrations.Unfortunately, we can kick the subject around for months about whether or not PSS rushed to get the product out, but the reality it that it makes NO difference. The product is out. It is not up to their usual standard and yes, it is disappointing that they have yet to be able to provide a patch that will resolve the issues with the FDE on the aircraft.However, given my experience in resolving the A320 issues, I think there is a bigger problem that they are trying to tackle and if the 777 download and/or installation is affecting the performance of the other PSS aircraft, finding the problem and fixing it may be akin to finding the needle in the a group of haystacks in a field 20km squared. I am frankly hesitant to download the 777 again until the patch is released, since it is negatively affecting the other PSS aircraft and I would rather fly the other PSS aircraft that are working than mess up the works with the download.With this said, to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time that there has been this depth of a problem with a PSS product. There is a lot of new technology going into this bird and as I have said before, what happens on one computer does not necessarily occur on others.Please let's stop this needless arguing. PSS has gotten the message. They understand the commercial implications of this problem and I believe they are doing what they can (within their power) to fix the problem. While I am not happy about it, I just have to accept their word on that point. I do agree that a little explanation from them on the issues would be helpful, so that we can understand the depth of the problem. I think, from a customer relations (and damage control) perspective, this would be a useful step. To Steven and Norman, I ask you to please consider making a post on this point; but lock it up so that you don't get flamed from everyone or peppered with questions about each particular item (which is the fear of putting the information out in the first place). Once you state the problems and the fixes that are in the works, I believe that it may have a positive effect to calm the anger of the customer base who feel that they have been duped into purchasing an aircraft that was advertised to be something that is far better than it actually is.I do firmly believe that the FDE and panel will be the best on the market; once those issues have been solved, perhaps some consideration can be given to the visual model. While I know that PSS does not advocate patching your panels with other aircraft, the Meljet is a very stable aircraft and offering a patch to merge your panel with that aircraft would be a positive step toward appeasing some of the anger that is clearly evident on this forum and in the community.I know I stated I would not post on this subject again, but since I have offered a solution on the A320, I felt it was a good idea to answer Rajiv's post, so that he can attempt to get those aircraft up and running.PSS has made many great products (best Airbus panel on the market and Concorde). I believe we should wait to see if the patch they produce addresses the major issues and hopefully, will restore the confidence of their customers in their products. I for one am willing to wait. They know they do not have unlimited time; feelthere will be releasing their 777 sometime soon and while it will not have the functionality advertised in the PSS version; if the clammering is loud enough, they might make an advanced panel (PIC) version. Captain Sim has released their 757-200 (too soon I believe), but if the advanced version does what it says...then there is LDS (who have a panel that works)...PSS will have a hard time selling their product. I am reasonably certain they are aware of this. There is a lot riding on them getting this right and they know this. Browbeating them any further is not going to get the patch out any faster; in fact it will have the opposite effect.So, for the third time, please give them some space, let's stop this back and forth that is accomplishing nothing and get back to what we do best===flying. That's what we're all about anyway, right?baw7162404.png

Guest aarskringspier

BAW716Please Im not a child. I very rarely get upset on an FS forum but thsi silliness has gone so far past anything accpetable that nothing you say or do is going to calm it down. Im glad you cant wait thats cool I applaud you for your monk like patience, unfortunatley mine has limits. Really its not about the patch for me its about being a customer who feels as if the company he spent his money with could care less about wether or not he is pleased. The product is bunk, the support is bunk, the answers are bunk. At some point you cry foul and luckily for me there are quite a few people crying FOUL.

baw.... (funny name that) Are you listening to what's actually being said.....? If so, you don't seem to be hearing too well. Not many folk are asking WHEN..... at least not any more, they're asking WHY! Or, more to the point, WHY NOT!PSS, if you're not going answer my question, please don't just ignore me. At least tell me if you're not prepared to answer. I think it was fair enough question, or do you think otherwise?Phil 'Dougal' Symonds

Randy,I appreciate the fact that you are unhappy about the way that PSS has treated you. That is a personal matter and I would not presume to judge you right or wrong for how you feel about that. However, you have responded to my post by telling me not to "treat you like a child." Nowhere in my post did I reference people acting like children. If you interpreted my statement that way, then my response is simply: "If the shoe fits..."The statements you made regarding PSS' products, support and service are within your rights as a customer (to a point). However the manner in which you articulated your position would not engender a positive response. You have essentially written them off as a vendor. This is your right. Believe it or not, businesses write customers off as well. This may explain the response (or lack thereof) you have received from PSS; but of course, this is only my opinion and not an interpretation of the correspondence between you on this forum.The patch will come when the patch comes. As far as your business relationship with PSS, that is your business; I would just ask you not to publish it on a public forum. Its time to bring this discussion to a close and move on. I intend to do just that. I suggest you do the same.David Lamb (baw716)

Guest aarskringspier

Youre not in a psoition to ask me anything. THis forum is the means to communicate with PSS. If you want to shove your nose up their posterior then by all means knock yourself out. As a paying customer Ill voice my displeasure without cursing and without getting personal. I dont beleive for a minute anyone at PSS is a bad guy, I just think some bad decisions and very bad actions after the fact have taken place. You dont seem to like other opinions unless they mirrior your own maybe a public forum isnt for you?PSS OWES me, you and every other 777 customer a patch in a timely manner. Timely has gone the way of the Dodo. I dont want a day I want to know why they think 5 months is acceptable and why they think the same ol answer should suffice. Youre right I have written them off as a vendor and they can write me off on future purcahse but they can not write me or anyone else off when theyve taken my money and still owe me a solution to the product that doesnt work as advertised. If they dont want to offer support they need to do freeware.

Guest Phoenix5

Topic Locked at original authors request