Sign in to follow this  
Guest localjoost

Legal read-only copy.

Guest localjoost

Hi,A friend of mine has bought the 777 and likes to fly it. Good for him, but the annoying part is that he appears on MY screen as a the default airplane, hovering above the runway, when we're running multiplayer mode.So I would like to know:Is there a 'read only' version available?If not: is it possible to copy a subset of his installed 777 aircraft files just so I can see him as he appears on his own screen, WITHOUT violating any copyright issues? If so, which part(s)?If not: is it possible to instruct MY FS to map to a freeware airplane that at least LOOKS like it?I do not intend to steal anyone's efforts, I do not need to FLY the plane (now), I just want to SEE it.Regards,Joost

noyou must purchase a copy of the pss 777 to see 'his one'. this is the case with any addon. It is a pain, but the way flight simulator coding is.

Guest Trans_601

Flyerboy is correct.The only way for you to see your correctly is if PSS sent you the model,which of course is handing out free software - when others have paid for it. If they did do this, your "Title" lines in the aircraft config file would have to be identical.Anyway, there is no way to have a "read only" file.

Guest mulletman

alternatively, if you simply wanted him to look like a T7, insert a new entry in your default 777 Aircraft.cfg that has the same title line as the aircraft you wish to see. Of course this wont work for every variant/scheme on the T7, and you will need a seperate entry for each, but at least you will be able to see him.

Guest simonmd

This will solve your problem, almost!When in multiplayer, FS9 will display the last used default AC if the other player's AC is not in your list. Usualy, as with 95% of us, this will be the default Cessna as that's what FS9 loaded with before you changed your selection. That's why if he's in a heavy like the T7, you'll see a Cessna hovering 15ft in the air.The thing to do is ask your mate to connect to the in HIS default B777. Only when you are both connected, then change to his PSS T7. As your FS9 doesn't have the PSS model he will not appear to change. You will still see him as a 777, admitedly the awfull default one, but at least there is no .cfg files to mess with, etc. If you want him to 'look' better, you could ask him to load up the Meljet model (assuming you have that) and then change but I wouldn't reccomend that as it's heavy on frames for multiplayer flying.Hope this helps anyway, Simon D

Guest theundertaker1998

No it cant be done

Guest aarskringspier

You like them so much you advocate stealing from them? Totally assinine.

Guest theundertaker1998

That was a joke it cant be done...notice the :) i did ...the only freeware plane that is nice toy use instead of the defualt plane is meljet 777..Works great for Multiplayer games..

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.