Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trans_601

777 review on main AVSIM site

Peter Ward was the 777 pilot on the PSS 777 he is a Senior Captain with British Airways, hes since gone back to the Boeing 747-400 fleet. (He was a 744 Pilot before he went onto the T7).He dosn't know the -300ER or 200LR models but he knows is 200ER models, and they are all pritty much the same in handeling characteristics.Hes a nice guy, I've been lucky enough to meat him and I belive Norman and a few othershave, it was a while back at a FS Show in Birmingham, England.Cheers

Guest NormanB

Replacing Peter is Ron Haynes, also a real 777 Capt based in the USA.

Guest Respicio

Permit me to delve into this topic ...IMHO, there is only so much one can criticise without then becoming tiresome and useless. Dissatisfied customers exist in every business, and here it no different. Because of the nature of the internet, this dissatisfaction is more widely publicised and public when it comes to flight simulation payware. It does not mean however, that it is more relevant or warranted. An old saying downunder states that the "squeaky wheel gets the oil", but if it squeaks too loudly or for too long for no reason, so as to become bothersome, we cut our losses and get rid of the wheel altogether! This is to say, it is discarded as irrelevant and irritating.Being a PSS customer since the FS2000 days, I am well aware of the team's policies and philosophy when it comes to its products. I am willing to accept them and that is why I am still here. Others seem not to agree with them and attempt to change them off their own bat, for their own reasons. PSS make their policies clear, give support in a timely and concise manner and state what they will do and what they wom't - THIS IS TRANSPARENCY. Taking the example of the 777, we were offered three variants for a package price, with certain features incorporated and others not. That is a decision on the part the development team, and the consumer purchases if he/she wishes. It does not charge for "updates", nor does it require the consumer to purchase one package as pre-requisite to use another. Thus, the product is "as-is" and features that are not included in the initial release cannot be demanded in patches.A few have used Microsoft and other big names as examples for defining "feature release" or "patch" - irrelevant. We cannot compare a multimillion dollar multinational with a small development group with limited resources and time. The added features that many proclaim come in updates from MS and don't come in PSS are actually original security issues and options that took thousands of man hours over several years to resolve, on an OS that is four years old (at least) and has returned revenue that PSS could only dream of obtaining: lets not compare apples to oranges in defining what should or should not be done. And I ask: Are we willing to pay for future upgrading and added features in an add-on, when many "patrons" don't even have a legal copy of an OS?Back to the 777 - Upon release and once issues are presented to the development team, there is a choice: repair ("patch") the product to satisfy the customer base, or leave "as-is", subjecting itself to (justifiable) complaints from consumers. In this case, issues were presented and the team (as is the usual case with PSS) chose to patch the product. The patch has not been released as yet, so no further comment can be made on the issues originally reported until it is released. FULL STOP. To continue complaining about the bugs "ad nauseum" is tiresome and will do nothing to anticipate the release date.I conducted a review of this product, but I am also a consumer. My approach to reviewing is to point out good points and bad points FROM MY PERSPECTIVE to give others an idea of the product's capabilities and limitations, comparing to experience and other products. A review is not tailored to talkup a product; by the same token, it cannot be used to flame the product unless it is clearly warranted. The reviewer gives his or her opinion. So to "flame" the reviewer and say that he knows nothing because he doesn't see things the way we do is like arguing about the Oscars or politics: each has his or her own opinion. The objective in these is an indepth view of the product and to ASSIST (not TELL) the user in his choice.In this case, the product is wanting in some aspects, needs tuning in others and is very good in many other aspects. FULL STOP. At the end of the day, the consumer has the final opinion on the matter by removing their support (ie, not buying any further product); otherwise lets patiently await the release of the patch and then see whether the known issues have been resolved. But lets not demand the world and sundry from a patch that is to correct bugs; or else, lets expect to pay for it in the same manner as other developers require us to do. And if we are to compare products, then please point out any other developer which has produced a 777 package (freeware or payware) comparable to PSS? Its a bit like the PSS A3XX series. Everyone complains about it not having this and not having that ... but EVERYONE uses it! Oh ... that reminds me of Microsoft Operating Systems again ... I wonder why?Happy Flying!Paul RespicioAirsim.net

Guest Davidoff

>Replacing Peter is Ron Haynes, also a real 777 Capt based in>the USA.This didnt answer my question, unless you refuse to.

>>Replacing Peter is Ron Haynes, also a real 777 Capt based>in>>the USA.>>This didnt answer my question, unless you refuse to.He does answer one of your questions... and we can assume that the answer to the other one would be YES

Guest freelancer

Alex there was nothing respectful about your post, therefore it has been removed.

Guest Respicio

Hello Alex,Sir is what they call gentlemen with an aristocratic title in formal language. I have none, but thankyou anyway ... you don

Guest Phoenix 1

Sorry , but once again a thread is locked down because it has become argumentative. Please let me answer the main point (again)1) the "PATCH" is in testing 2) Why is it STILL in testing ? BECAUSE WE ARE TRYING TO ENSURE IT WORKS !3) It WILL Be release as soon as "WE" Are satisfied with itEOF

Guest simonmd

Here's the summery from the review by Jean-Claude Bailly, AVSIM Staff Reviewer.What I Like About The 777 Professional 1,First integrated weather radar in the ND 2,Good overall FPS performance (see comparisons above) 3,Great user friendly setup utility from within the cockpit 4,A complete list of keyboard commands for those using FS hardware 5,Excellent panel and gauge rendering both in 2 and 3 D 6,Very good cockpit lighting 7,Package offered at a good value for money by Just Flight 8,Good documentation and tutorial All good to see recognised, I particularly like items 1 and 3, unique and very usefull.Point 7 though, this from the main text, "This Just Flight package offers the three 777 versions i.e.: 777-300 ER, 777-200LR, 777-200LRF (freighter) sold for a price of