Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trans_601

777 review on main AVSIM site

Guest Trans_601

Ehh, I hate Avsim. Hate the people who run it, the way they do it - I no longer upload my work to Avsim.The reviewers here are just stupid. They seem to have very (or none in fact) of real aviation. Everything is "eye candy" to them, they don't care how realistic it is.This post could go so much longer if I wanted to, but I just want to share my thoughts.Oh, and Tom - before you kick me off this forum, I don't go to any other boards, just the PSS one.I suggest PSS move their forum somewhere else, or better yet - get their own one.

Guest theundertaker1998

>Here's the summery from the review by Jean-Claude Bailly,>AVSIM Staff Reviewer.>>What I Like About The 777 Professional> >1,First integrated weather radar in the ND >2,Good overall FPS performance (see comparisons above) >3,Great user friendly setup utility from within the cockpit >4,A complete list of keyboard commands for those using FS>hardware >5,Excellent panel and gauge rendering both in 2 and 3 D >6,Very good cockpit lighting >7,Package offered at a good value for money by Just Flight >8,Good documentation and tutorial > >All good to see recognised, I particularly like items 1 and 3,>unique and very usefull.>>Point 7 though, this from the main text, "This Just Flight>package offers the three 777 versions i.e.: 777-300 ER,>777-200LR, 777-200LRF (freighter) sold for a price of

Whats wrong with you guys? If you dont see the problems he is refereing to with this product, you are both naive and ignorant. Ill never buy a PSS product until i see a patch that fixes this system.

Guest NormanB

>Ill never buy a PSS product until i see a patch that fixes this system.There wont be another product until the 777 is patched ;)

Guest fcrash

I believe that Simon should be answerd don't you think Norman?Fernando

Guest NormanB

>I believe that Simon should be answerd don't you think>Norman?I had previously seen the review and didnt catch Simon's question, even though he recently mentioned to me that he doesnt have a copy of the 777.Remember that the points the reviewer lists are his personal opinion.1,Sound environment before engine start is missing777 remains true to life - a quiet cockpit.2,No co-pilot calls for speeds on TONo copilot fitted.3,No push back utilityNeither does the real aircraft.4,Logo light not isolated and remaining on at nightNo change - we prefer to use custom work elsewhere. Feedback also shows that people PREFER to see the tail lit.5,No TA/RA TCAS modelledTA always worked offline. Now works online also.6,No Fix page on the CDUDuring beta this was something a number of us asked for.7,All 8 doors on one commandRemains same.8,Defects found on the finished product released on CDWe dont produce a CD.9,FMC pages freeze at times after data input (occasional)Fixed.10,No correct destination runway info on CDU on INIT REF page (all flights)Fixed.11,Grossly wrong ETA calculations (only flights with step climbs)Fixed.12,Abrupt wing rocking on localiser (occasional with dense sceneries)13,773 ER oscillated during cruise and upon autoland glide interception (occasional, no rationale)14,On autoland, sudden dive for the runway threshold with a nose gear landing (occasional, no rationale) FDE completely rewritten.

Guest simonmd

>I believe that Simon should be answerd don't you think>Norman?>>I had previously seen the review and didnt catch Simon's question, My main question was after this quote from the review,"This Just Flight package offers the three 777 versions i.e.: 777-300 ER, 777-200LR, 777-200LRF (freighter) sold for a price of

Guest NormanB

Simon,>Would PSS like to explain how come I paid more than DOUBLE>that for the non CD download???That would be a question better aimed at Just Flight. We don't set their pricing structure. >To whom are you refering? I certainly DO have a copy and the>reviewer must have had one also.It was aimed at you Simon. A few days ago you and I chatted via email. I asked for your purchase details so that I could have sent you a copy of the patch. My understanding was you had the CD version. If I misunderstood then that offer still stands.no air con or other sound AT ALL?I dispatch aircraft in real life which gets me on the flight deck of many aircraft daily. Even with the packs on its eerily quiet inside a 777 with the door closed. The 777 pilots we had on the beta passed the same comments.fair enough, I either use FSP or>FSFlight Keeper which calls them out anywayMe too. Norman, a silly thing to>say. The REAL aircraft does not push back by the Pilot>pressing 'Shift P' either does it? This is a minor thing and>not that important but the 'ground from cockpit...' chat does>add to the atmosphere and I hope it will be considered for the>757.When pushing an aircraft back in real world we tell the crew where they are going based on comms with GND/TWR as appropriate. A PB utility is on my wish list for the 757. You may even get my dulcet tones recorded from a real push back :)Fair>enough again, I like it lit too.>5,No TA/RA TCAS modelled>TA always worked offline. Now works online also.>Great!>6,No Fix page on the CDU>During beta this was something a number of us asked for.>and...?We didnt get it :(>7,All 8 doors on one command>Remains same. I can live with this but is a daft feature,>pull up to the gate and all the doors open. Would it have been>THAT hard to have the main door seperate from the rest?As above.True but you miss the tester's point.>He and the public at large, see a CD version as one that is>finished and that the orriginal programmers are happy with,>even if you didn't release it personaly, thus damaging PSS'>reputation further. How many CD purchasers don't even know>about the upcomming patch and just think that the PSS product>is crap?I can't comment on what people may or may not think. JF were involved in testing from the off and *they* were happy to go to CD.>You've always said that PSS encourages constructive critisism>and I hope you see this as such.We certainly do. I trust that my honest and frank answers suffice!

Guest redhmt

>Whats wrong with you guys? >If you dont see the problems he is refereing to with this>product, you are both naive and ignorant. Ill never buy a PSS>product until i see a patch that fixes this system.Oh I see,so if you don't get the same faults as others (including you) it makes you naive & ignorant......Phil

Guest NormanB

Lets keep it on topic please guys.

Guest NormanB

>So what is the Logo Light Switch in the cockpit for then if>the lights never goes out? Welcome to the AVSIM forums. Please dont forget to sign your posts as per our forum guidelines.As I said previously, based on feedback, people prefer to see the light on rather than off. Whilst the switch is there the thought was to ensure the custom functions (of which are limited in number) were used for things that are of more benefit to simmers.

Guest Davidoff

So what is the Logo Light Switch in the cockpit for then if the lights never goes out? Are you kidding me? ha!And for those of you who say you dont see anything wrong with the way this a/c performs, I really dont know what to say. No, I am not a real world 777 pilot, but I have seen videos (tons of cockpit videos) and in them, the plane doesnt jump all over the place. Everything seems smooth when you push buttons on the MCP to change heading, engage VNAV/FLCH etc etc. This PSS bird doesnt fly like that, and thats what people are complaining about. And just incase you are wondering, it can be achieved in FS because others have done

Guest theundertaker1998

See thats just it ..Like i said earlier that i try and try to recreate the problems that others are experincing. I have yet had my 777 Fly badly..And i fly it all over the place even into Sim Flyers Scenery.And i just dont have problems..And like i told NORMAN before. Was there away to uninstall the patch if i dont like it ...He said only if i make a back up the og which i have done.That way if the patch dont change things for me then i dont need it.

Guest Davidoff

Hmm....so are you saying that this 777 is as smooth as some of the recent paywares(Boeing) that were realeased? For example, when in cruise and I decide to descend using VNAV, which I have been told by real 777 pilots that it could be done, the a/c does not smoothly start the descent. This does not happen with my other Boeing aircrafts (payware). Its really strange how everything works well for you and not for most of us.

Guest GW Norris

I feel the same as most other people about this bird. I've posted in this forum about it also. Up untill the T7 I was always a big PSS fan and even promoted to my fellow flying buddies to buy their products.I have learned one thing lately, You can't win an argument with someone who thinks they are always right. I have yet to see a response from PSS that admitted to any fault on any subject. In other words they are perfect and incapable of making an error. one thing I can't figure out is that if PSS thinks and touts that their T7 isn't and never was broke ( none of them or the beta team had any problems ) then why in the h**l is it taking 5 months to fix it? How can the programmers find a fix for a problem they say never existed? magic I guess. How can you fix something that ain't broke?I'm a proffesional licensed aircraft mechanic, and I can't even do that? Also, I believe that even if the support team aggreed with any of our dissatisfied opinions, I doubt they would be free to express it in this forum for fear of being fired by the CEO. If the CEO refuses to publicly admit to his customers that he made a mistake in releasing the aircraft and apoligize to his loyal customers, then how can the support team say anything bad about the product! The leader of the company has to set the example.